LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

otya window system

Root / Submissions / [.]

otya128Created:
Download:Q3HE34KD
Version:5.0Size:
This is a window system for SmileBASIC. "--RUN" is a program loader, run this file.
  • Stacking window manager
  • Multitasking
  • A hierarchical file system

Instructions:

A function key 1(FILES) toggles key input. "LR" button is disabled while key input is enabled. L,BBUTTON: left click R,ABUTTON: right click TOUCH, STICK : mouse program list
  • Text editor(TXTED)
  • Filer(OTYFIL)
  • Program editor(PRGED)
  • Music player(MPLAY)
  • Document editor(OTYDOC)
  • Run(RUN)
  • FREEMEM(OTWFREEMEM)
  • Paint(PAINT)
  • Eyes(EYES)
  • Minesweeper(OTYMINE)
  • Clipboard viewer(CLPBRD)
  • Benchmark(OTWBENCH)
  • About(ABOUT)
  • Window viewer(WINLIST)
Spoiler
  • Terminal(OTWTERM)
  • Shell(SH)
  • cd(shell command)
  • echo
  • ls
  • cat
  • ptree
  • find
  • ps
  • diff
  • freemem
  • mkdir
  • mount
  • rm
  • ren
  • act
  • ofsgc
  • loadmod
  • lsmod
  • symlink

Notes:

OTYAX API document : https://otya128.github.io/OTYAX5/ Japanese, English (by ateesdalejr and PatheticFish) OTW API document : http://otya128.github.io/OTYAX5/jp/OTW/API(Japanese) EXAMPLE
VAR OTWEXAMPLECTL
'init
COMMON DEF I_OTWEXAMPLE
 IF!CHKCALL("IsWinRunning")||!IsWinRunning()THEN
  PrintConsoleln "window system is required."
  ExitProcess 1
  RETURN
 ENDIF
 'WND:window handle
 'E:error (0: success)
 VAR WND,E
 IF!OTWEXAMPLECTL THEN
  'OTWEXAMPLECTL is uninitialized
  '            control name control handle
  ExtendControl "OTWEXAPMLE",GetWindowControl() OUT OTWEXAMPLECTL,E
  IF E THEN
   E=DeleteControl(OTWEXAMPLECTL)
   ExitProcess 1
   RETURN
  ENDIF
 ENDIF
 NewTopLevelWindow OTWEXAMPLECTL,"OTWEXAMPLE",128,64 OUT WND,E
 IF E THEN
  E=DeleteWindow(WND)
  ExitProcess 1
  RETURN
 ENDIF
 SetProcessVar WND
END
'loop
COMMON DEF L_OTWEXAMPLE
 'process window events
 IF UpdateWindow(GetProcessVar())THEN
  ExitProcess 0
  RETURN
 ENDIF
END

hole-ee-crap

The "file system" bit is pretty cool. The cursor speed could use a little work and translation could smooth things out a bit, not very important.

I'm so happy they decided to include the de-facto X11 tech demo "eyes". :P

This is very cool! I feel inspired to make something similar. :)

hoping for a guide to making programs otyax-compliant soon

This is brilliant. I love the Windows 98 feeling it has.

There are a few stability issues, but other than that, this is absolutely incredible.

Decent 'OS' style program is created by Japanese user? How unsurprising. Looks like a great program, I need to try it as soon as I can. :D

Minesweeper's back!? Awesome. Playing games like in the early 90's. Very good. But the crashes and bugs make it a bit frustrating. Nice "eyes.exe" XD.

YES! I have waited for this to exist for 3 years! You have the windows! You have the multitasking! You have the hierarchical file system! You have the Windows 9X style! I thought I would have to be the one to make this, and I thought I would, but I lacked the skill, patience and drive for this type of project on my own. Thank you so much for making this! You made my weekend!

To have the ability to load files from other projects (which is only allowed for programs running as the smile tool), make sure you assign the "SMILETOOL" to the smile button, and then you can press A to launch the default smile tool and B to launch the OS.

Is anyone here able to translate the API document?

Replying to:bluekrill

Replying to:bluekrill
otya merged our pull request into the official docs page so you should probably read from there.

Working on a chip-8 interpreter: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=37T3TQUqvk0 (I don't have input support yet so now it's just simulating random button presses)

Replying to:12Me21
Working on a chip-8 interpreter: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=37T3TQUqvk0 (I don't have input support yet so now it's just simulating random button presses)

i have a super old version of this from like the first time it was released so im excited to see what has been added

Replying to:SwanBot
i have a super old version of this from like the first time it was released so im excited to see what has been added
What was it called?

Here's my chip 8 interpreter https://smilebasicsource.com/page?pid=1131

This is amazing