📌
MZ952Created:
How would I get my hands on the demo?

just go to the Japanese eShop and do what you usually do to download a demo

just go to the Japanese eShop and do what you usually do to download a demo
Don't forget the part where you have to make a japanese account

That's the really easy part. All you need is a spare email address. Hop over to Nintendo.com and be sure to log out, then head to Nintendo.co.jp and sign up as new but with your different email address. Then simply add that new user as a second account on your Switch. The absolute worst that happens is your Switch's news-feed now gets bombarded with unreadable Japanese news articles!!

That's the really easy part. All you need is a spare email address. Hop over to Nintendo.com and be sure to log out, then head to Nintendo.co.jp and sign up as new but with your different email address. Then simply add that new user as a second account on your Switch. The absolute worst that happens is your Switch's news-feed now gets bombarded with unreadable Japanese news articles!!
In fact, you don't even need a spare email address if you know how to use tempmail.

I wouldn't use a temp service for something like this. Just a few weeks ago, I forgot my password and needed to reset it. Couldn't have happened if I were using temp mail. Always.. ALWAYS.. have a spare email account at hand. You never know when it'll come in handy.

I wouldn't use a temp service for something like this. Just a few weeks ago, I forgot my password and needed to reset it. Couldn't have happened if I were using temp mail. Always.. ALWAYS.. have a spare email account at hand. You never know when it'll come in handy.
I always save my passwords in Firefox to eliminate the need to reset them.

I have like 3 email accounts and 2 of them are from tildes lol

I got SmileBASIC 4 Nintendo switch (japan) and i can not figure out how to load GRPS ... can anybody help? (also why do they make you need to wait 8 hours to download different PRGS? You paid 30$ for the game and they make you need to buy a DLC for 12 $ to get full benefits.)

I got SmileBASIC 4 Nintendo switch (japan) and i can not figure out how to load GRPS ... can anybody help? (also why do they make you need to wait 8 hours to download different PRGS? You paid 30$ for the game and they make you need to buy a DLC for 12 $ to get full benefits.)
Are you running the game on your Japanese account? Did you buy the bundle with the download ticket? The download ticket is only attached to your Japanese account. Anyway, to load a GRP: LOADG "FILE_NAME",GRP_PAGE

Are you running the game on your Japanese account? Did you buy the bundle with the download ticket? The download ticket is only attached to your Japanese account. Anyway, to load a GRP: LOADG "FILE_NAME",GRP_PAGE
No. No. And good to know. Appreciate it. Is there maybe a way to check GRP'S that are in a folder like in SB for 3DS?

File not found.. I made it and saved it. And I'm in the right folder. Not sure why this is happening.

okay, better question. how do i load sprite sheets?

You paid 30$ for the game and they make you need to buy a DLC for 12 $ to get full benefits.
Those prices aren't right. Maybe it's because you paid extra for currency conversion fees, but here are the actual prices: SmileBASIC 4 on its own: 2500 yen (about $22.91 currently) SmileBASIC 4 + server ticket: 3000 yen (about $27.49 currently) Server ticket on its own: 500 yen (about $4.58 currently)
No. No. And good to know. Appreciate it. Is there maybe a way to check GRP'S that are in a folder like in SB for 3DS?
They should show up in the folder just like SB for 3DS.

You paid 30$ for the game and they make you need to buy a DLC for 12 $ to get full benefits.
Those prices aren't right. Maybe it's because you paid extra for currency conversion fees, but here are the actual prices: SmileBASIC 4 on its own: 2500 yen (about $22.91 currently) SmileBASIC 4 + server ticket: 3000 yen (about $27.49 currently) Server ticket on its own: 500 yen (about $4.58 currently)
They should show up in the folder just like SB for 3DS.
Right. well how about loading sprite sheets?

Sprites use GRP4 by default, so LOADG "FILE_NAME",4

Sprites use GRP4 by default, so LOADG "FILE_NAME",4
Thanks. been using smile basic for 4 years. the one for switch is like learning a whole new language.

Is there a way to scale Print commands with out using TPrint?

I *think* GPutChr has that ability, but I haven't used it, so can't be sure. Also, it would target the GTarget, not the Text Screen.. Not 100% sure of how well it works.. It can be hard to fumble your way through the help files, even for me!! Whenever I've needed to render "big" text, I've used sprite-based characters instead. (Although, that's only been numbers, so far)

You could change the tile size of text screen 0, or just use TSCALE