LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Wav Recorder

Root / Submissions / [.]

SamKitsuneCreated:
Download:Y3EKE3D6
Version:1.1Size:244.5 KB
The SmileTool's Wav program is a good tool for recording and playing sounds, but it records up to two seconds! What if you can record and play sounds up to ten seconds, or even stop recording midway? The Wav Recorder is the tool for the job! It's a simple tool to record, save, and load sounds up to 30 seconds. Follow the onscreen prompt. UPDATE: Decrease in file size. Records up to 30 seconds. Includes Wav Player library - a library to playback your WAV files for your project. Version 1.0 has some playback bug, but otherwise, runs perfectly. Will add an easier way to play sounds from the .WAV file to other programs.

Instructions:

The instructions for Wav Recorder are pre-built in the tool. To use Wav Player for your project, please include these lines at the beginning of the project. LOAD "PRG1:WAVPLAYER.LIB",FALSE USE 1 EXEC 1 WAVPLAY must be included in the beginning of the loop that you're running the WAV file. Otherwise, you will have an error. EX: WHILE 1 WAVPLAY WEND WAVLOAD loads and plays the WAV file. In quotes, type the file name. You can type either the simple name or the full name. EX: WAVLOAD "WAVFILE" : WAVLOAD "DAT:WAVFILE.WAV" WAVSTOP stops playing the WAV file. For reference, you can look up WAVTEST, and see how it works.

wrong download key...

its not available....

Replying to:User1_
its not available....
It actually is. I checked it myself, and it works. Please try again.

Cool.

Great timing. Gonna try using this to record a wav for a game I'm working on.

How do you load the wavs into your game? I'm having trouble...

Replying to:blizord
I'm working on a library for that. It'll be done in 1-2 days.

This is cool. Might this be going in a direction of something like a sample player?! That would be pretty sweet!

Replying to:blizord
I created an update. Go on and try it out!

it works great! i am pleased...

Replying to:STORM
it works great! i am pleased...
Thank you!

Bug: Stopping playback of a WAV (noticeable in WAVTEST) can cause a high pitched beep for a second.

Replying to:MCGamer20000
Bug: Stopping playback of a WAV (noticeable in WAVTEST) can cause a high pitched beep for a second.
I know about it. I'm working on a way to remedy this. I used BEEP to play sounds, but the downside that it doesn't have a direct method to stop it. "BGMSTOP -1" isn't an option, because it will stop all sounds. Let me see if I can make a dummy array and use that to stop the sound. FYI, I'm making more improvements, like using sample size to determine the length of the sound, as well as adding arguments to PLAYWAV. Maybe one day, I could really improve it to make it work like a simple audio editor.

It's cool it can record 30 seconds of audio.

Great Tool! I was able to record audio for my game which I couldn't do before!

Its a great tool. However, I suggest to implement a way to preload wav on the app, and play them later.

Wow! This is awesome! I'm suprised this fell into obscurity! O.O

This is cool-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Why 30 seconds? If you're recording using at 8-bit fixed you can record at least 2 minutes worth before running out of memory.

Replying to:amihart
Why 30 seconds? If you're recording using at 8-bit fixed you can record at least 2 minutes worth before running out of memory.
because... well there is no reason really this was before people used homebrew or petit modem to transfer files, so the only way to send audio was to record it with the microphone, and the mic can only (easily) record 30 seconds Also, even though WAVs use 8 bit samples, integers in SB are 32 bits, and both recording and playback REQUIRE uncompressed (75% empty space) WAV files.