LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Super Bearland

Root / Submissions / [.]

kantackistanCreated:
Download:5374EW4E
Version:2.0.0Size:804 KB
Bears have evolved the ability to shapeshift into anything (or anyone) you can imagine! (Or maybe your eyesight is just really poor?) Either way, one wrong step could be your last in the randomly generated world of Super Bearland. Hunt those beasts down before they hunt you! Talk to people to get Clues about the Bear's location and disguise. Check objects to find the Tools you need to take the Bear down! But if you accidentally Talk to or Check the Bear, it's Game Over! Each round lasts 2-5 minutes, but no two games are alike with randomized levels, optional challenges, and a heaping helping of unlockables. Keep playing and experimenting to see if you can find them all!

Instructions:

WARNING: Contains flashing light effects and "jumpscares" upon losing. If you are sensitive to either of these, disable them in the Settings Menu. Circle Pad / D-Pad: Move L / R / Hold Touch Screen: Fast Forward "T" in the top left corner: Toggle Typewriter Animation Bear Trap: Throw at suspected Bears to eliminate them. Bearometer: Determines if a Bear is in the current Town. Super Bear Trap: Eliminates the current Town, and everything inside. Decoy: Automatically prevents one Theft attempt.

Notes:

Cool Features:
    Retro music & sound effects
  • CRT-style scan lines
  • Procedurally generated levels, with Autobalance
  • Advanced Narrator system
  • NES Font
  • Kerning (Reduces empty space between letters)
  • 6 unlockable game modes
  • Unlockable Challenge Mode (stacks with other modes)
  • Notebook (Automatically keeps track of hints)
And more!

Holy crap this sounds super cool! I'll try it out when I take a break from my game.

Replying to:Zypher
Holy crap this sounds super cool! I'll try it out when I take a break from my game.
Nice, glad to hear it! Each game is pretty short, usually only a few minutes long, so it's perfect for taking breaks. (Don't forget to save!)

OK, so I have to ask? What hides in the dark when we use the aVOIDED color scheme?

Replying to:Jujubs
OK, so I have to ask? What hides in the dark when we use the aVOIDED color scheme?
Interesting, you're the first one to ask in all 3 years since publishing. (Your chances of unlocking something go up when you use aVOIDED.)

isnt awesome to know that there is a sequel of this game

Replying to:Dinoman
isnt awesome to know that there is a sequel of this game
Haha I think I'm confused. You're saying it's not awesome?

One of my favorite games to play on the 3ds definitely an amazing style. Found a glitch but it doesn't need to be fixed just thought i'd say it.
SpoilerSo when playing the wumpus mode if you have the arrows showing up when about to shoot then you push the x to exit the game it brings the arrows with you and until you start a game and use them such as going to the shoot again in wumpus or going to any mode and touching a button it will go away but when touching it in title screen it does glitches for the arrows no corruption but fun glitch
Thx for a fun game definitely gonna play on the switch more soon but wanna get as far as I can on the 3ds first and also because it is more portable

Replying to:Eelir
One of my favorite games to play on the 3ds definitely an amazing style. Found a glitch but it doesn't need to be fixed just thought i'd say it.
SpoilerSo when playing the wumpus mode if you have the arrows showing up when about to shoot then you push the x to exit the game it brings the arrows with you and until you start a game and use them such as going to the shoot again in wumpus or going to any mode and touching a button it will go away but when touching it in title screen it does glitches for the arrows no corruption but fun glitch
Thx for a fun game definitely gonna play on the switch more soon but wanna get as far as I can on the 3ds first and also because it is more portable
Thanks for the report! It'll be fixed in the next patch

I wonder if anyone has tried to port this game to an older platform (like the NES or Commodore 64 for example)... Should I give it a try?

Replying to:GrievedInferno
I wonder if anyone has tried to port this game to an older platform (like the NES or Commodore 64 for example)... Should I give it a try?
It's fully possible to do so (I do small-scale ports regularly when I'm learning a new language.) The trickiest part is finding someone who's willing to port over every single Easter egg and ludicrous joke. Because there's a much higher than reasonable amount haha.

Replying to:kantackistan
It's fully possible to do so (I do small-scale ports regularly when I'm learning a new language.) The trickiest part is finding someone who's willing to port over every single Easter egg and ludicrous joke. Because there's a much higher than reasonable amount haha.
I would be into a PTC version of Bearland tbh, that would take a lot of effort though can't lie. And some effects are borderline impossible to replicate (global scanline filter is one.)

Replying to:snail_
I would be into a PTC version of Bearland tbh, that would take a lot of effort though can't lie. And some effects are borderline impossible to replicate (global scanline filter is one.)
I don't really do ports. If I make another Bearland title it'd be rebuilt from scratch like all the others. (Probably in something with shader support like Unity or Godot.)

I wonder if anyone else has discovered the E10+ option yet...