LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Spinning Cubes

Root / Submissions / [.]

hanzoCreated:
Download:HDSED3
Version:Size:
Nobody knows the reason why, the cube columns fall infinitely. You have to avoid being fully stacked by cubes by vanishing them.

Instructions:

A cube column (three stacked cubes) is launched from the top of the screen. The launching point is indicated by finger pointer, you can move it with D/circle pad before launching. Move a cube column with left, right or down of D/circle pad. Pause / Unpause with X button. Spin all cubes in a column with A or B button. * Vertical spin hasn't been available any more in the newest version. If more than three cubes which show you same color surface are aligned vertically, horizontally or diagonally, they vanish. Sometimes roulette cube column appears. When it touches down, the color fixes, and all cubes which show you same color surface as the fixed color vanish.

It's fairly fast paced Interesting addition to smilebasic It's obvious that a lot of strategic coding went into this

now add story mode lol

Not at all. My coding skill isn't as good as you might think. I'm always helped by SmileBASIC's high performance.

This is fun. A story mode would be cool to do. But the only way to do that is to try the 2 player bits. If it’s alright with you, I could try making the concept. That cool with you?

Thanks! I'd like to hear your concept that I'm curious about, but I'm sorry that I cannot promise to realize it.

Replying to:hanzo
Thanks! I'd like to hear your concept that I'm curious about, but I'm sorry that I cannot promise to realize it.
It’s cool. It’s more or less an idea.

I have two codes for you. BJNYN3A4 & PB54V34V These codes have a logo design I made for your game, and the screen idea for the 2 player bit.

Why does the music stop when you rotate the cubes?

I've got both of your graphic data. Both are very cool! I'd like to apply your title logo screen to this game and re-expose the public key. Of course I'll specify attribution in that case e.g. "This title logo is created by JacboyX". Two player screen is cool, too. But unfortunately I cannot apply it soon because it's too hard for me to build CPU algorithm. Thank you.

Replying to:12Me21
The phenomenon has been pointed out twice for me till now. In conclusion, the BGM doesn't stop while cubes are spinning. I guess the sound effect while cubes are spinning interferes with the BGM. Could you try removing "BGMPLAY 1,128" in line 1031, 1041, 1051 and 1061 in this source?

Sweet... Thanks. I get the idea about CPU algorithms, and yeah... It’s tricky. Even I can’t wrap my head around it. Course all I can do is GUI and stuff. I am working my way up to cutscene animation. But the game programming, I just can’t seem to get it.

Replying to:12Me21
BGM 128 is responsible for the sound the cubes do, when spinning. It seems messed up.
I thinkBGM track 128 just outputs garbaged sounds. Actually the args for the MML of BGM 128 like the O (octave) are the reason. O is set to be 8 which is too high pitched to output correctly and so, interferes with any sound productions (BEEP/BGMPLAY/...).
EDIT: The maximum pitch you can achieve without starting interference is Octave8 D. I'd recommend changing the A's in the MML data to D's. That'll sound much better!

Hey have you used the logo yet?

I've replaced the public key because of the following two reasons. 1. I've replaced the title logo screen with the much better one created by JacboyX. (to JacboyX) I'm sorry but I've made a few adjustments to your logo design. 2. I've modified the sound effect during the cube rotation based on CyberYoshi64's recommendation.

I've replaced the public key because of the following two reasons. 1. I've replaced the title logo screen with the much better one created by JacboyX. (to JacboyX) I'm sorry but I've made a few adjustments to your logo design. 2. I've modified the sound effect during the cube rotation based on CyberYoshi64's recommendation.
Yeah, I kinda saw why. The question mark that was behind the logo did make the logo take up the whole screen. Don’t know why you removed the cubes’ colors, but I don’t mind.

Please forgive me for modifying your cool title logo. I intended to have applied your work to the title screen without any modifications. Your logo with question mark was too tall to put difficulty choices, "Press A to Start", supplier logo and the thanks to you, therefore I had to remove the question mark. And, surfaces on every cube in this game are painted in different (three to six) colors, but every cube was painted in monocolor in your work. That is the reason why I've removed your cube colors.

Why not do the same for the logo’s cubes? It’ll fit into character, and it makes the logo look more creative. BTW those cubes spinning in the menu does give me an idea for an opening...

Great game; it's plenty challenging, looks great, and is really fun. It simultaneously reminds me of Tetris and is its own entirely different game.

Hey hanzo in the Japanese version of SmileBASIC there happens to be a robot fighting game. Is it possible to send that over to the US?

Replying to:JacboyX
Hey hanzo in the Japanese version of SmileBASIC there happens to be a robot fighting game. Is it possible to send that over to the US?
It didn't make it to either version. It was a tech demo for local multiplayer but I think it was completely broken and got scrapped at some point. Edit: I assume you are referring to this : http://kland.smilebasicsource.com/i/xbaft.jpg