LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Friendly Pellet Rain or something

Root / Submissions / [.]

raimondzCreated:
Download:EK2K45N6
Version:0.7.5.1Size:
This is a clone of the bullet hell system from undertale. The aim of this project is not to recreate undertale. Instead, I did this to learn how to encapsule attack pattern in data and to create a bullet module to create bullet with different behaviours through data.

Instructions:

Arrows/Circle Pad: move. A: Jump Y: Pause Note: "Cheats" cannot be inputted with circle pad.

Notes:

TODO: -Add a screen to load patterns made by other users. -Add a way to load assets(Music, Sprites) through pattern file. -Add bullets that are destroyed on collition with player(Right now, they pierce the player). -Add documentation for the pattern file. V0.7.5.1 - FIxed lowerdash bug on Smilebasic 3.5.2 V0.7.5 -Added a screen to select a "stage". The stages are stored in the file "__FILES" -Added a help screen. -Added a way to win the game. -Added bullets with variable damage(And healing properties). V0.7.1 -Added menu on the initial screen. -Changed game name to avoid "offensive" word. -Added one attack pattern. -Player move along the platform. V0.7 Release

GG

Holy crap this is hard! I like it. Kinda reminds me of Dark Souls. XD

Replying to:ahavasandwich
Holy crap this is hard! I like it. Kinda reminds me of Dark Souls. XD
Ikr

Huh, I tried NRX3D45D and it said that it was incorrect. I checked it multiple times. I'm guessing I somehow typed it in wrong five times because other people seem to have gotten it?

Replying to:triangle
Huh, I tried NRX3D45D and it said that it was incorrect. I checked it multiple times. I'm guessing I somehow typed it in wrong five times because other people seem to have gotten it?
Smilebasic removed the game. Maybe because I recreated megalovania on MML, put the smilebasic heart sprite as a player or because I did a great job recreating the mechanic of the battle system XD. Well, I guess I will hide that content(And use the default music from smilebasic) and change the player on the next release.

Or you know, the fact that the games called Bullet Hell?

That could be too. I used the name of the genre but I didn't thought that they would consider it as offensive. I will try to upload it with other name. Maybe if I rename it as "friendly pellet rain" or something.

Super hard XD

SmileBoom can't ban content based on obscene names or anything, and using one of the default sprites is totally allowed. So it must've been a copyright strike.

I was thinking something more like "Bullet Heck"

SmileBoom can remove programs for whatever reason they want.

I just have one small complaint, which is that the sound that plays when you take damage is too quiet.

Neat! The player movement is great Is the game endless?

Replying to:GenericAccount
Neat! The player movement is great Is the game endless?
Technically: "The game contains 10 attack patterns. At the end 3 are repeated until you die"

I'm 100% sure it was because of the name.

"Bad time simulator for 3DS"

You get all of my upvotes.

This is really cool, but is there any way to remove the momentum from the heart movement? It's a lot harder (and just feels weird) like that.

Replying to:mystman12
This is really cool, but is there any way to remove the momentum from the heart movement? It's a lot harder (and just feels weird) like that.
Yes, I need to increase the friction(Just leave one variable as 1) and that should fix that. Anyway, I need to port this project to lowerdash. The framework I used before hasn't been updated and has some bugs that doesn't let me do some things on the implementation.

GREAT!But i think the jump feels a bit off.