LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Dev/Bugreports for SKKBAUI

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

CyberYoshi64Created:
Hi, CY64. I've just finished translating Sakakibara UI to spanish. I was testing everything, used the configuration program, everything came right, until the saving configuration window bugged, it appears that its just a bug from my language pack, because the english language pack works perfectly with the window.

Hi, CY64. I've just finished translating Sakakibara UI to spanish. I was testing everything, used the configuration program, everything came right, until the saving configuration window bugged, it appears that its just a bug from my language pack, because the english language pack works perfectly with the window.
Oh, yeah. I completely f'ed the text drawing routine for the dialog windows. It needs true line breaks to work properly but I'll retry doing a drawing routine that does it on it's own. (Not sure whether I get full words or these getting cut off in the middle.) Damn, I didn't expect that window to oversize too.

Bad news: My phone bricked itself. The only thing that works is a weird Factory Mode where it does weird stuff. That means my New SmileBASIC Source account is temporarily dead, I cannot update the SKKBAUI page and this SBS account is very inactive. Sorry for the inconvenience but I´ll try to release newer versions of my projects.

Bad news: My phone bricked itself. The only thing that works is a weird Factory Mode where it does weird stuff. That means my New SmileBASIC Source account is temporarily dead, I cannot update the SKKBAUI page and this SBS account is very inactive. Sorry for the inconvenience but I´ll try to release newer versions of my projects.
Do you still have the New SmileBASIC Source account password and name? If is that so, no problem.

Do you still have the New SmileBASIC Source account password and name? If is that so, no problem.
Maybe he doesn’t have a device that can load the new website. The 3DS can load this website, but can’t load the new one.

Maybe he doesn’t have a device that can load the new website. The 3DS can load this website, but can’t load the new one.
Wait I remember he mentioned (don't remember when) that he had a computer with Linux MX (if I remember correctly) so he can access the website through it.

Wait I remember he mentioned (don't remember when) that he had a computer with Linux MX (if I remember correctly) so he can access the website through it.
He has no internet on that computer, he used his phone's hotspot.

He has no internet on that computer, he used his phone's hotspot.
Oh so Vodafone cut off his internet again? How amazing...

"Oh so Vodafone cut off his internet again?" No, my phone died and my PC doesn't have a LAN cable to connect. After all, it would have to be a ~20feet cable to get from my PC to my family´s router which my family won´t buy. I did tell my parents about my phone being bricked and they'll buy me a new phone in ~3 months. But I can use their PCs to get to NSBS. (Not sure if IE 10 works though since my parents refuse to use a different browser) EDIT: My father pulled out an old Samsung Galaxy idk mini that seemed not to work but it does. I'm using it in the mean time. So, you can easily dismiss this.
ok, I dismissed it. What is new?Some bugfixes, the reinclusion of the staff roll (you may know it from the Windows6Mix days) The launcher for RGames's "Tiny Huge World" has been added if anyone wants it And I added new BGM API to the desktop, so apps can play MML sounds or music without interfering with each other. It needs to be improved, including but not limited to an API call for BGM "slots" for each window. TBH I'm not sure whether I'll keep all API from the 3DS version when ported to the Switch… yeah I think this will go away together with the Midori OS leftovers among others. Yeah, yeah. The documentation has yet to come, but I'll try to finish it as fast as possible. When I put it online, it will be available under this link.
[poll=p727][/poll] I'm quite happy with the result you guys like the idea of a simple FS. It will point to project files and contain
attributesY'know, a real FS also has attributes, like: Is it a file? Attribute 1 Is it a folder instead? Attribute 2 Is it a DAT file? Attribute 3 etc.
(someone voted for this one at least). I'll move the loading from the desktop to the boot (will be taking a little longer, depending on amount of files and folders) I imagine the Switch version to be epic. You "load", say "/project/gameplay/combat.prg" and it ends up loading "COMBAT" into a slot of your choice. It doesn't sound epic, but it is in my opinion. Next poll might be the style of the Switch version.

"Oh so Vodafone cut off his internet again?" No, my phone died and my PC doesn't have a LAN cable to connect. After all, it would have to be a ~20feet cable to get from my PC to my family´s router which my family won´t buy. I did tell my parents about my phone being bricked and they'll buy me a new phone in ~3 months. But I can use their PCs to get to NSBS. (Not sure if IE 10 works though since my parents refuse to use a different browser) EDIT: My father pulled out an old Samsung Galaxy idk mini that seemed not to work but it does. I'm using it in the mean time. So, you can easily dismiss this.
ok, I dismissed it. What is new?Some bugfixes, the reinclusion of the staff roll (you may know it from the Windows6Mix days) The launcher for RGames's "Tiny Huge World" has been added if anyone wants it And I added new BGM API to the desktop, so apps can play MML sounds or music without interfering with each other. It needs to be improved, including but not limited to an API call for BGM "slots" for each window. TBH I'm not sure whether I'll keep all API from the 3DS version when ported to the Switch… yeah I think this will go away together with the Midori OS leftovers among others. Yeah, yeah. The documentation has yet to come, but I'll try to finish it as fast as possible. When I put it online, it will be available under this link.
[poll=p727][/poll] I'm quite happy with the result you guys like the idea of a simple FS. It will point to project files and contain
attributesY'know, a real FS also has attributes, like: Is it a file? Attribute 1 Is it a folder instead? Attribute 2 Is it a DAT file? Attribute 3 etc.
(someone voted for this one at least). I'll move the loading from the desktop to the boot (will be taking a little longer, depending on amount of files and folders) I imagine the Switch version to be epic. You "load", say "/project/gameplay/combat.prg" and it ends up loading "COMBAT" into a slot of your choice. It doesn't sound epic, but it is in my opinion. Next poll might be the style of the Switch version.
Ok, if you've uploaded the new version of SakakibaraUI, I must send you the language pack for spanish (sorry, I forgot about the new hotfix update releasing shortly) Spanish language pack key: DKSNQDHX

Ok, if you've uploaded the new version of SakakibaraUI, I must send you the language pack for spanish (sorry, I forgot about the new hotfix update releasing shortly) Spanish language pack key: DKSNQDHX
Thank you for the translation. I'll fix the bad line breaks for you. Your language pack will be used in the next version. If you want to, you can also go ahead to translate the menu icons using the icon editor but I can try to do that myself using DeepL and Google Translate. EDIT: Bug to fix: If a language like Spanish is chosen, you save the configuration and then reboot, the launcher thinks the file is corrupted.

Thank you for the translation. I'll fix the bad line breaks for you. Your language pack will be used in the next version. If you want to, you can also go ahead to translate the menu icons using the icon editor but I can try to do that myself using DeepL and Google Translate. EDIT: Bug to fix: If a language like Spanish is chosen, you save the configuration and then reboot, the launcher thinks the file is corrupted.
Thanks for offering to fix the line breaks. I just don't know how to implement them. And how I can translate the menu icons?

Thanks for offering to fix the line breaks. I just don't know how to implement them.
Yeah, you did good attempts to do that. But I think it's really difficult, so I do that for the translators. Edit: You open the SKKBAUI menu which its text is translated already. You open the "サカキバラUI menu icon creator", select "Edit an existing menu icon" and go through all icons. Just select "Espanol" as the english rext is already there. Press A to selext and B to save the change. Then when you're done with the descriptions press B and then Y to save and then X to select the next icon.

Thanks for offering to fix the line breaks. I just don't know how to implement them.
Yeah, you did good attempts to do that. But I think it's really difficult, so I do that for the translators. Edit: You open the SKKBAUI menu which its text is translated already. You open the "サカキバラUI menu icon creator", select "Edit an existing menu icon" and go through all icons. Just select "Espanol" as the english rext is already there. Press A to selext and B to save the change. Then when you're done with the descriptions press B and then Y to save and then X to select the next icon.
Ok, got it. Thanks CY!

Concept images Simple on the bottom Taskbar on the right Running as SmileTool Direct mode desktop interface
↑ Look at the above images and then vote (Of course the end product uses full resolution rather than 400x240.) [poll=p730][/poll] Poll will close on 20th July.

I made a simple virus program that messes with variables, resulting in hilarious effects But before letting it mess with those important variables, I've added a prevention system that may stop the app if the user wants to. (It´s quite like the Windows UAC but it happenes after the app did something bad. Also, Sakakibara UI can now output debug info on the bottom screen. A command called DBGPRNT lets you output debug comments as well.

Also, Sakakibara UI can now output debug info on the bottom screen. A command called DBGPRNT lets you output debug comments as well.
RetroArch 3DS's annoying debug output :D

RetroArch 3DS's annoying debug output :D
lol XD I've added a new kernel panic screen when something went horribly wrong, such as the screen resolution, apps and sprites going out of bounds, the keyboard being unstable and so forth. Ironically, this is also showcasing my new KNJLIB system I've talked about a year ago. I finally created a system that prints the text similar to how 3DS homebrew does (at least when using citro2d with the C2D_Text... commands) but of course with no true transparency in SB3. It's even so simple, I managed to convert my code into JavaScript and got my CYFNT working there. I think I'll make it a real PC tool so I don't have to mess with importing fonts as GRPs and work with 5FPS while adjusting the proportions. Also, just for fun, I added Simeon´s SHA256 lib into XCMD.LIB to do simple malware and file tamper detection. It might be useful to also prevent further crashes though by doing checksums and hashes on SYS.CONF etc. The above things don't apply to the Switch version since they're not that useful to anyone besides me. Also, the CYFNT is impractical for Switch, since I want the SB4 version to be lite and fast. The CYFNT takes up to ~1s to fill a 512x512 area with "!".

Poll will close on 20th July.
oof

Poll will close on 20th July.
oof
Oops. Forgot to close it. Oh well. [poll=p730][/poll] Alright. You decided that the Switch edition will run exclusively in direct mode. It will hide and pause itself when going in the editor or running a program (in the main interpreter). I may let it be changable, for further customization, but it will be done later, if I think of it again. BTW IDK exactly how to do layers, so I just stuck 2 sprites on top of each other. They do act like layers though. That way, the taskbar and the Whisker menu (XFCE4's start menu) are always on top. Also, I can pull off nice animations for the session close dialog or other interrupts with sprite commands instead.