LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Baldi's BASICs

Root / Submissions / [.]

h267Created:
Download:BBB4VKAE
Version:0.0.6Size:2.4 MB
A "port" of the original Baldi's Basics created by mystman12. Now with a tricky camera, and worse retro graphics! Your friend has lost all of his notebooks, and you gotta find them! It may not seem tricky at first, but Baldi loves to challenge his students with tricky math problems. And if you get one wrong... Well, let's just say you do not want to anger him. I tried to make something right before I had to go under for surgery, so this is what I came up with. Enjoy! I do plan on updating this in the future, adding items and characters to better reflect the source game, but I might not be working on it for a while because I have to recover. I hope you enjoy this little game!

Instructions:

Run BALDI, enjoy the low quality title graphics, then press A for control information. The rest is up to you! D-Pad (HOLD): Move/Change Direction L/R (HOLD): Strafe (Handy for the wonky camera and faster than moving forward) X: Use item
Tips
  • Try to memorize the school’s layout and item locations. This will make future runs much easier. You’re free to scope out the school at the beginning, so use this to your advantage.
  • Hate jumpscares or just want the game to be easier? Hold L when pressing A at the title screen or disclaimer screen. If you did it correctly, a beep will play. Welcome to easy mode.
  • You don’t have to get the notebooks right by Baldi at the start. The whole school is yours from the beginning, unlike in the original.
  • Baldi can only travel through the main halls and cafeteria unless he sees you, meaning you can use rooms as cover. Unlike the first game, however, he knows where you are at all times.
  • There are no extra characters or items besides the Energy Flavored Zesty Bar, but that may soon change.
  • Strafing is faster and less cumbersome than actually trying to turn. However, you won’t be able to see entrances to rooms or other things behind you if you only use this method.
  • Just because you can use rooms as cover doesn’t mean you should. Baldi can and will camp you if you try to camp in one of the classrooms. Don’t stay too long unless you’re willing to make a run for it.
  • Pay attention to the distance meter and warning text. “Danger!” means that Baldi is extremely close to you. If you see “RUN!!”, then Baldi is now locked on to you and actively pursuing you.

Notes:

PATCH NOTES: v0.0.6: 6/30/18 - Increased movement speed by 1.5x - Baldi’s speed has been increased by 1.125x - Added Playtime, a creepy girl who always wants to play with you but in reality ends up holding you hostage and violently thrusting herself into you and screaming. Fun! - Added a map on the bottom screen. Items and Baldi will appear on the map if you’re close enough to them. - Removed the distance meter from Easy Mode for now, but jumpscares are still nullified. v0.0.5: 6/25/18 - Made graphics only refresh if they need to in order to stop any flickering - Fixed East being mislabeled as South and vice-versa. - Upgrades to Baldi • Speed increased by 33% • Baldi’s AI is now a lot smarter - Items • Introduced the first item in the game: the Energy Flavored Zesty Bar • These can sometimes be found in small corridors and the cafeteria • Consuming one with X will increase your movement speed by over 1.5x, its effects gradually wear out. • Another one can be consumed while a speed boost is active to stack them • The player’s inventory is only one slot for now v0.0.4: 6/24/18 - Fixed an issue where invisible soda cans would unintentionally transform into paralyzed Baldis - Allowed Baldi to move around the northeast corner, where it was previously impossible - Added new rooms and expanded others - Made player coordinates display before Baldi moves, so they don’t flicker v0.0.3: 6/23/18 - Added music, including my own crappy recreation of the math theme. - Made the jumpscare more likely to make you throw your 3DS - Hid the distance meter because it makes the game less scary - Made the jumpscare more like the one from the main game - Added a hidden option to turn the distance meter back on and turn off the jumpscare for wimps like me - Baldi’s slapping now gets louder/quieter depending on your distance from him v0.0.2: 6/21/18 - Added a disclaimer so SmileBoom won’t take this down again hopefully -Made a little bit of text look nicer -Added a distance meter on the bottom screen to make it easier to keep an eye on Baldi -Fixed a bug where Baldi would get interrupted by the sound of his own slapping CREDITS: Original Game, Sprites, and Sounds: mystman12 Programming: Me Importing Resources: Trinitro21 Sound Library: 12me21

Replying to:GreedyGoat8
OK. After scouring the code again, searching for a particular thing, I found the problem! The movement issues have now been fixed! These resolutions will soon be open to public, as soon as h267 gets the key from me. I only changed like 4 mathematical signs. Problem solved. Enjoy.
Yeah, I sorted that out as well when I fixed the strafing.

OK. After scouring the code again, searching for a particular thing, I found the problem! The movement issues have now been fixed! These resolutions will soon be open to public, as soon as h267 gets the key from me. I only changed like 4 mathematical signs. Problem solved. Enjoy.
That’s... strange. Because when I tried it, the strafing controls were reversed when I was facing East.

I just redownloaded and checked the program I uploaded again, but it works as expected here. When facing East, towards the right, the L button is supposed to shift you up on the map and the R button to shift you down.

Maybe h267 has their lefts and rights in a bit of a twist

Actually, I can see why. It's because I haven't yet found a fix for the flipped East views on the top screen. If you check the minimap, you can see it actually isn't inverted controls. [Reworded]

now make baldis camp

Replying to:Ertas
now make baldis camp
Lel

Replying to:mystman12
Haha, looks like the game's gone full circle! :P Fun fact, I actually heavily considered making Baldi's Basics with calc84maniac's raycaster years ago. I just checked and I have a program called "BB_V0.00" in a folder called "BALDIS_BASICS." The file was just Spooky Maze, but with a horrible white brick texture for the walls. I never really figured out how to use raycaster though so I quickly gave up on making it in SB. Incredibly, this file is dated November 1, 2015! I knew the idea for the game was one I've had for a while, but I didn't realize it was that old! Anyways, I guess now SmileBASIC can get a mention on the Baldi's Basics Wiki. :P
Congrats on being in a YouTube video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWOcEptfO8

Haha, looks like the game's gone full circle! :P Fun fact, I actually heavily considered making Baldi's Basics with calc84maniac's raycaster years ago. I just checked and I have a program called "BB_V0.00" in a folder called "BALDIS_BASICS." The file was just Spooky Maze, but with a horrible white brick texture for the walls. I never really figured out how to use raycaster though so I quickly gave up on making it in SB. Incredibly, this file is dated November 1, 2015! I knew the idea for the game was one I've had for a while, but I didn't realize it was that old! Anyways, I guess now SmileBASIC can get a mention on the Baldi's Basics Wiki. :P
Lol I didn’t make this game. Mystman12 did. This is just my trashy port.

I’m pretty sure he intended it to be for mystman, considering he put in the replies for the one comment mystman made, and not just a new comment.

Still weird because he hasn’t been on for more than a week.

im talking to Mystman12

Replying to:Ertas
yeah its good but why do you need to do dungeon tanken style?
well, I'm working on a port. I will NOT release it unless I have the consent of mystman. It is a raycaster and it is pretty good so far. Consider it recreatioal programming unless mystman lets me release a cheesy version of it

also, note that none of us are perfect programmers. Please don't feel like crap. It makes sense that when in a hospital, your work would not be at as good as a quality as if you were not in the hospital. You are in pain, discomfort, etc. and it is NOT your fault. Just find joy in every program you make, no matter how horrible it may be(I'm a human, too AKA a "flawed machine') EDIT: for example, I just noticed I put a double quote instead of a single one Proof that humans are flawed

You also made the mistake of using "single quotes"

EXACTLY!

Might I ask what the difference between Baldi’s Basics jumpscare and this version’s jumpscare is? I’m a wimp

Replying to:HTV04
Might I ask what the difference between Baldi’s Basics jumpscare and this version’s jumpscare is? I’m a wimp
It's pretty much the exact same.

Ok I’m still a wimp

Lol.