LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

AY-3-8910 sound chip emulator

Root / Submissions / [.]

12Me21Created:
Download:TB53F344
Version:Size:99KB
(Unfinished I guess) Works on both the original and new 3DS, and with/without the sound DLC (but the quality is best on n3DS with advanced sound processing unit) (outdated videos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cvsf5CIynE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuZcbnac3Kg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ikgBqqFflU

Instructions:

Controls: A: play B: pause Y: menu X: random song d-pad left/right: next/previous song touch screen: etc. Menu controls: d-pad up/down/left/right: select song A: confirm You can transfer songs (in .VTX format) using petit modem or whatever.

Who cares about AY-3-8910 when YM2612 exists?

Replying to:IAmRalsei
Who cares about AY-3-8910 when YM2612 exists?
>:(

I had to wikipedia it, but it looks like this was the sound chip for the Intellivision and Vectrex among others. I don't have the DLC, but I did watch the video and I must say I am very impressed. Great job.

Replying to:seggiepants
I had to wikipedia it, but it looks like this was the sound chip for the Intellivision and Vectrex among others. I don't have the DLC, but I did watch the video and I must say I am very impressed. Great job.
Thanks I added support for playing audio without the DLC EDIT: and support for o3DS (the quality isn't as good as n3DS w/ DLC, of course)

I get Syntax error in 0:84. Am I doing something wrong?

That update fixed the issue. I love this program especially since I think the AY-3-8910 is very underrated when it comes to sound hardware.

Replying to:Killias12
I get Syntax error in 0:84. Am I doing something wrong?
Oops, I forgot to change USE 1 back into USE "PRG1:VIS" before uploading it.

Yeah I'm on the old 3DS without DLC.

Do you plan to emulate other chips?

Replying to:spaceturtles
Please emulate Cool Ranch Doritoโ€™s. *laugh track* haha funny joke xD *seinfeld*

nooo emulate lays plain because they're much better

i think there should be a cheddar sun chips emulator

Hey in the latest update I noticed on 0:14 there is a load command for a song that doesn't exist. Was that a planned song? I'm just curious but I do LOVE Star trip! Keep up the good work!

Replying to:Killias12
Hey in the latest update I noticed on 0:14 there is a load command for a song that doesn't exist. Was that a planned song? I'm just curious but I do LOVE Star trip! Keep up the good work!
oh, I guess I forgot to include that one

the last video on the page is unavailable.

I finally finished porting the lh-5 compression decoder to SB, so I can use .vtx files instead of .psg vtx is a lot smaller (one song was 7KB instead of 126KB) and stores information like the song title, author, etc.

Switched from .PSG to .VTX, much smaller file sizes now you can probably send songs with petit modem in a reasonable amount of time also added progress bar and you can use the touch screen to skip to different parts of the song (might be a bit slow) also hopefully I can make the compression algorithm much faster, since I just ported it from C and it's not really optimal in SB.

hmm what if I...

fix it 2 days late?

The most recent update is great and the compression is so good because I tried something similar but it is so horrible that it made my files smaller by just 1 kb so the compression you used is great! Your program is great!