LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Autz's 'Mode 7' implementation

Root / Submissions / [.]

Autz64Created:
Version:Size:
Updated version of my initial implementation. Now has controls and some improvements. Changelog: 1.1 Improved code, now can support dynamic changes on certain parameters to improve either speed or quality. 1.0 Initial Release.

Instructions:

Download and execute the program.

ooooooh looks interesting

Can you make a 2d geometrical textured plane with heightmap or something that looks like Final Fantasy Tactics advanced' system? that'd be neat.. i'd like the 3d rotation in real time with it.. I don't know if SB can support it but if you know enough it'd be neat to see it on 3ds!

Wow this looks super cool!

Replying to:CoinzReturns
Can you make a 2d geometrical textured plane with heightmap or something that looks like Final Fantasy Tactics advanced' system? that'd be neat.. i'd like the 3d rotation in real time with it.. I don't know if SB can support it but if you know enough it'd be neat to see it on 3ds!
I just got an idea for drawing a voxel map by casting rays out from the center of the screen and into the 3D voxel map, but it definitely wouldn't be fast enough for realtime unless you made it lowres.

It is possible, but we have to see if it runs at playable speed.

I found the FF Tactics Advance heightmaps and they're manually drawed. No special math needed (aside from character grid movement): http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_advance/fftacticsadv/sheet/10403/ Maybe with a editing program like SmileTool we can draw the map and the heights we need, then it creates a GRP file and we just have to load the grid and display it on screen. And about the 3D thing, could be possible, but assigning textures to it would be very slow. I'm still reading about polygon rendering.