YAME(Yet another map editor):
A map editor that write layers and metadata on a txt file.
I'm trying to make a generic map editor for my projects but I think that this might be useful for other people.
Any suggestion or feedback is welcome.
- Put a single tile or multiples at the same time (The selection screen is similar to the one in RPGMaker FES)
- Fill portions of the map.
- Copy map segment.
- Define metadata for each tile.(Each one has a string associated with them)
- Customize map properties (Number of layer used, size of the background, GRP and Tile size).
- Improve interface.
- Autotile (I still need to think the use case for this and data schema).
- Improve _MAP integration
- Add non lowerdash alternative.
- Add a observer function to read the metadata while the map is loading.
- Improve the documentation of the _MAP file.
Usage instructions(shortcuts) are on the top screen.
Integration with your project:
The map is loaded via the _MAP file. The requirements to run this file are:
- Function UTIL_malloc and UTIL_malloc2 (They are located on file __UTIL)
Once you fullfil those requirements, you need to call MAP_LOAD [FILENAME without TXT: or .MAP ] to load the map on the current screen displayed.
Each .map file contains the following format:
Tile Size, Number of layers, Width, Height
[Data Layer 0]
[Data Layer 3]
@[Data Layer n] String: each char store the data of a tile.(Example: 'c' store grass tile with the default background).
@[Meta data] A list of commands where each one contains the coordinate x,y and the metadata asociated. This list ends with the value -1,-1
1,1, Hello world