LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Secret functions

Root / General / [.]

12Me21Created:
WIDTH() - returns the font size (8 or 16) set by WIDTH I'm sure there are more...

Um, its just WIDTH not with (). This is also known.

I think 12Me21 is referring to the overloaded version that returns the value. It is in the documentation as an example, but isn't explicitly called out. The reference is inconsistent in this way, as other functions like DISPLAY, list both the format for setting and an additional format, (), for retrieving.

Yes, and some, like XSCREEN, have no function, so you can't figure out what it is set to.

Hm...oh ok then, sorry

Hey, no worries. If SmileBASIC was more thorough with their documentation, there'd be no confusion.

Didn't someone mention they've just created a wiki for precise documentation? I forgot where I saw the thread, but info like this seems to be a perfect addition to that wiki.

I didn't know I could talk so tiny!

Wow, there's even more undocumented instructions! This puts me under the impression that every system property has a getter as well as a setter. This is great research for *coughcough* my documentation.

Oh it was YOU slackerSnail! Yes, 12Me21 and SquareFingers, please help out if you would. I am still struggling with this kind of stuff like I said when I first joined here.

Oh certainly! But this isn't the place to talk. There's the thread :)

Not trying to derail this thread but... Here's my doc page on WIDTH. How do y'all feel about it? Any suggestions on the document style? This isn't the only one, though. There's a dozen or so files in the instruction/ folder. I'll take suggestions on how to improve the docs.