LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

SBS 2 Updates + Discussion

Root / Site Discussion / [.]

haloopdyCreated:
Document maintainers should be able to delete documentation now. Also, your documentation maintainer status is shown on your user profile, along with your admin status. I MAY show it on forums like we used to... eventually.

Here's a funny visual bug: If you use headings too high on a program page, it overlaps part of the program box (but not the image). Example: https://smilebasicsource.com/forum/thread/jts-blocks-ptc-edition

Replying to:Minxrod
Here's a funny visual bug: If you use headings too high on a program page, it overlaps part of the program box (but not the image). Example: https://smilebasicsource.com/forum/thread/jts-blocks-ptc-edition
Right, that's a problem with 12y styling. I may disable the lines on program pages because there's no real way to make that work, and I think I asked Snail and he said he wanted the styling to remain the same as it was (I could be mistaken). Assuming I can't fix the lines, would you rather I remove the lines outright or only on program pages? There are no lines in BBCode

I would rather the styles be the same across the entire site. I'm not sure when it came up but I don't like the 12y markup styles being a dependency on another repo, because they're not consistent with bbcode and it feels like I can't change anything without going through another maintainer (so I haven't)

Replying to:snail_
I would rather the styles be the same across the entire site. I'm not sure when it came up but I don't like the 12y markup styles being a dependency on another repo, because they're not consistent with bbcode and it feels like I can't change anything without going through another maintainer (so I haven't)
css is "cascading", feel free to add overrides to the 12y styling directly to the website. We have "base.css" which already does that in several places (such as for code blocks), I don't mind if you want to add more. But OK, I will probably remove the lines and maybe standardize the header spacing. It'll SIGNIFICANTLY change the docs though; the lines were added for a reason I think. I don't mind one way or the other, just thought I'd mention.

Replying to:haloopdy
css is "cascading", feel free to add overrides to the 12y styling directly to the website. We have "base.css" which already does that in several places (such as for code blocks), I don't mind if you want to add more. But OK, I will probably remove the lines and maybe standardize the header spacing. It'll SIGNIFICANTLY change the docs though; the lines were added for a reason I think. I don't mind one way or the other, just thought I'd mention.
I forgot how CSS worked completely. Totally fair of you to point that out lol, embarrassing mistake. I'll look at correcting word break issues and making the styling match stuff on the main site (like icode style being different) but I should either wait for you to push to avoid a merge conflict, or use a @import rule so we don't fight over the same style rules.

Right, that's a problem with 12y styling. I may disable the lines on program pages because there's no real way to make that work, and I think I asked Snail and he said he wanted the styling to remain the same as it was (I could be mistaken). Assuming I can't fix the lines, would you rather I remove the lines outright or only on program pages? There are no lines in BBCode
I like the lines for docs, so I would prefer if it was removed from only program pages. I wouldn't personally mind the style difference.

Replying to:Minxrod
I like the lines for docs, so I would prefer if it was removed from only program pages. I wouldn't personally mind the style difference.
Oh no now it's 50/50... ok fight amongst yourselves lol

SBS 2 Electric Boogaloo. It's nice to see a (fairly) bog standard (yet modern) forum in todays day and age. I love how the old program pages have made a return and documentation is (more or less) front and center.

Replying to:Lacks
SBS 2 Electric Boogaloo. It's nice to see a (fairly) bog standard (yet modern) forum in todays day and age. I love how the old program pages have made a return and documentation is (more or less) front and center.
Aw, glad you like it! And thank you, it took a lot of work! And there's been a ton of work from the people writing docs too! I'm very grateful

I applied the ancient pull request from snail which normalizes some styling for 12y vs bbcode. It also adds a new link format? https://github.com/randomouscrap98/sbs-rust-contentapi/pull/91

I'm working on a bit of a refactor to move off one of the libraries that isn't really supported anymore (the router, which routes urls to functions). In the meantime, it's been quite a while since I had my mind on SBS, I hope nobody has been waiting on me for something... I forget

I'm working on a bit of a refactor to move off one of the libraries that isn't really supported anymore (the router, which routes urls to functions). In the meantime, it's been quite a while since I had my mind on SBS, I hope nobody has been waiting on me for something... I forget
OK, I did a big refactor. But everything should look and act the same. If you find anything weird or if some type of url doesn't load, just let me know.