LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

CYMOS - CY64 Mock OS

Root / Submissions / [.]

CyberYoshi64Created:
Download:DFPZ4HD
Version:0.2.3-dev (24010108)Size:3.50 MB
CYMOS is the successor to サカキバラUI and brings in a more enhanced environment for applications. If you want to help me out with new ideas, or simply join development of this project, check out the CYMOS development thread here. CYMOS page on my website: here

Instructions:

Just download the project and run ----START----. If you already have a CYMOS installation, copy the CYPK files and -SETUP- and run the setup in the existing folder. (Not applicable for release 24010108)

Notes:

- This project supports enhancements made by the SmileBASIC-CYX Plugin. - CYMOS is currently in beta and is missing some core components. Check out the development thread for updates. - The project wasn't yet thoroughly tested on Wii U and may not function properly in PetitCom BIG.

Previous keys

73AN3J9P - CYMOS v0.2.3-beta (23080619)
How can I get サカキバラUI versions? Sakakibara UI can still be downloaded with either a public key or as a ZIP download for use with SBFM, FBI or CYX.

Public keys

These mirrors may be unpublished at a later time, rendering the keys useless. - v0.3.6 - 51VVV3NJ - v0.3.7r1 - NDQXKEA3 - v0.3.7r2 - PED3D8NV

ZIP downloads

Check my website to get downloads in this format.

Replying to:RGamesOffical
What the what happened to the Win3DS I knew???
Wow, that's cool.

Is it still based off of Midori? If it is, are programs made for it working now?

i think it does. the manual says that the only one that doesnt is the chip8 emu

I modified the SHELL file to be able to test it on O3DS. Despite the input delay/skip and constant graphic flicker, I like how professional it looks and how you adapted my INPUT pkg while retaining your own settings!

Replying to:Autz64
I modified the SHELL file to be able to test it on O3DS. Despite the input delay/skip and constant graphic flicker, I like how professional it looks and how you adapted my INPUT pkg while retaining your own settings!
Thank you. I mean, サカキバラUI wouldn't be like this if you wouldn't have given permission for using the Midori OS beta build as the base for it. It would have been so unstable I imagine cuz I simply couldn't have thought about a base allowing for multi-tasking.
SpoilerI would have used maybe a ton of GOTOs and GOSUBs and tons of unnecessary things, so サカキバラUI would even start to be unusable on new3DSs even when idle.
With that base I've improved my SB knowledge significantly. I know every API function of Midori and can easily build up on my own.

What have you done to my 3ds? https://youtu.be/zD64OVpfcZ4

This is a mixture of SmileBoom´s fault and my intention. You wanted to load the "??? (???)" language pack which doesn't exist, therefore the error "There is no valid language pack". The rainbow screen with the sad smiley is intentional and redirects you to the SETUP program to unpack it (which in this case will not be fixable as this spot is free for a language that SKKBAUI isn't translated to.) Your 3DS crashing is not my fault (kinda). I´ve told about this bug on Discord and SKKBA´s dev thread.
The short explanation of the bugI believe that SmileBASIC gets confused when initializing the library in slot 2 while it´s fully initialized in slot 3 and once a custom function (in this case FNT) is hit in the code, it doesn't know which library this DEF was from and crashes instantly. Slot 3 is used by the unpack routine to save the data of the pack to and changing it to slot 2 (so this crash is bypassed) may break certain code or more Out of memory errors which I´ve an aneurysm from.
I have prevented it for the next update where the setup stops when the lib is in slot 3 and clears it away. Though the_squat wanted me to finish the majority of the manual before releasing it. (Actually I have a bigger issue, delaying the update further but I´ll talk about it in a bit on the dev thread.)

I think you're using ver3.6.0 of SB3, so you should update it to ver3.6.3. When I do that on ver3.6.3, the SmileBASIC just crashes and goes back to Home Menu of 3DS. I also tried on ver 3.3.2 (only the code around the problem), but I didn't see that black screen.

v3.6.3 isn't available in the US at the moment.

I don't say it's your fault, I just found this very strange (maybe, the 3ds hacking comunity can find an expoit with this?

@HTV04 Oh, really? I didn't know that. I'm sorry.

Even if v3.6.3 is up in the US, I still need to wait for them to put the update on the european eShop which takes maybe a few days/weeks. (And I don't want to CTRTransfer my 3DS to japanese do I have v3.6.3) ↑ But then I need to buy it using Yen like I would need for SB4 but is impossible for me as me nor my parents will buy me a Japanese eShop card for that. @Na_trium The 3DS returning to the HOME menu and SB crashing is the same as the exception screen popping out of thin air just that it requires CFW and a setting.

Though I mean "What comes next, huh? 3DS gets bricked or what?" (No, that was just a bad speech but I don't like it how a lot of people even write PMs to me asking about this exact issue.) Should I extra make videos for each new update so things are clearer. Actually, it would be more clear as people might not even look into the dev thread, so they don't know rightaway that this bug exists. EDIT: Okay, I take responsibility for it as I forgot to add this bug to the "Currently known bugs" spoiler EDIT 2:
quote na_triumHi, I downloaded サカキバラUI(0.3.5r2). I followed the instruction and ran "SETUP", but I forgot to install the Japanese language pack. Then I selected Japanese at the Region & Language settings of サカキバラUI. It said that there was no language pack, and the error screen appeared. That's ok, but when I pressed X button on my 3DS at the screen, SB3 crashed. Is this a known issue?
Notice how similar this is?

What have you done to my 3ds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD64OVpfcZ4
Wait, at the minute 2:07 the "An exception occurred" screen is from Luma3DS, right? Ok, I know how to disable it. (Sorry for late response!) Step 1: Power off your 3DS. Step 2: Hold select, and power on your 3DS. This menu will appear (only Luma3DS users!): Step 3: Toggle the "Disable ARM11 exception handlers" function. Step 4: Press START. Now you have disabled the exception handler of Luma3DS. Ur welcome ;)

@the_squat1115 Thank you so much, it help me a lot, i can now activate splashscreens too

Why don't you like the Luma3DS exception handler? It's a lot better and cleaner than the 3DS's default one in my opinion.

Because it's a bit aggressive

YES!!!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE, BOIS!!!!!
why the heck I shouted with excitementBecause da Windows XP BG is here bois
EDIT: Now, this is WHAT I call a real Windows on SmileBasic.

Replying to:the_squat1115
lol, how excited you are. Now, the XP BG was here before, but you might not have noticed it. (It was there since v0.3.5r1!) EDIT: Yup, here it is.

Replying to:the_squat1115
Oh, I thought it was new...