LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Ruebled Official Thread

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

randoCreated:
I'm interested to help on this project somehow but...
  • I don't know the current state of this project.
  • I don't know if you're doing this from scratch or with some library.
  • The first post doesn't tell how to colaborate with the project.
  • It lack of the objetives, milestones or tasks of the project. For example, How many kind of enemies will be on the game? What kind of weapons or abilities you can obtain? What kind of gameplay mechanics will be incorporated on the dungeons?, etc...
  • Is there any key (Even if it's an early stage or non functional) to see the code?
I hope you can answer some of my doubts.
I actually agree with your post. I may be able to help you though.
  • The project is in its incredibly early stages. I'm currently working on an opening cutscene. Alot as been scrapped and is being recoded.
  • I'm pretty sure we're doing this completely from scratch.
  • You can collaborate simply by asking random_guy for a position or giving him some ideas. Available positions are listed in the description of the gamemon the first post.
  • I myself, do not even know of any objectives, milestones, or tasks of the project. All I know is the story and what the program tells me.
  • There is no key open to the public at this time. I can tell you that you will need the UNPACK program. As soon as I am finished with the opening cutscene, a key will be posted on this thread.
l I hope this helps you enough to decide on what to do.

I'm interested to help on this project somehow but...
  • I don't know the current state of this project.
  • I don't know if you're doing this from scratch or with some library.
  • The first post doesn't tell how to colaborate with the project.
  • It lack of the objetives, milestones or tasks of the project. For example, How many kind of enemies will be on the game? What kind of weapons or abilities you can obtain? What kind of gameplay mechanics will be incorporated on the dungeons?, etc...
  • Is there any key (Even if it's an early stage or non functional) to see the code?
I hope you can answer some of my doubts.
It is in its early parts. The opening is being worked on by greedyGoa7 and he can put up a key to the public after I ask him. By the way, greedyGoa7, can you put the key up to the public after you finish? I want it in the thread. I am doing this from scratch. You can just ask me and you can look at the open positions. I will add an other position so yay. All the monsters will be fighting you open world, and I want the dungeon mechanics to be similar to ALttP. I will post details in the first post as I come up with them because I havn't thought them out completely myself. As we go, we can come up with more monsters, but for now we will stick with guards and slimes. If you have any ideas, you can suggest them and we can see if we can and should add them.

Dang your doing this awfully similar to mine. Nice! But yeah, sure, I can put up a key when I'm finished. It's coming along nicely. Btw, I'm incredibly familiar with the map editor. There's a certain way I make maps, though. I use the 1st and 2nd layers(0 and 1). I'll put grass or whatever ground on the 1st, and then my walls or signs or doors or chests or whatever I don't want the character to walk through on the 2nd. I have collision engine set up(it's like 8 lines) so that it picks up bg tiles on the second layer(1st) and not the 1st(0). Is It ok to do it this way?

Still need an artist?

Yes an artist would be appreciated. The spot is still open indeed. There are some bg tiles that I could use, and sprites that need improvement. The job is yours if it's ok with random_guy.

Voting deadline for the dev group name ends tomorrow. Vote while you still have the chance! (Votes are appreciated.)

Voting deadline for the dev group name ends tomorrow. Vote while you still have the chance! (Votes are appreciated.)
Wow I just got on to say exactly that! That is funny. But I am going to close it tomorrow, I don't know exactly when. Yay.
Still need an artist?
Yes we do, and if you want to be the artist you can.

Dang your doing this awfully similar to mine. Nice! But yeah, sure, I can put up a key when I'm finished. It's coming along nicely. Btw, I'm incredibly familiar with the map editor. There's a certain way I make maps, though. I use the 1st and 2nd layers(0 and 1). I'll put grass or whatever ground on the 1st, and then my walls or signs or doors or chests or whatever I don't want the character to walk through on the 2nd. I have collision engine set up(it's like 8 lines) so that it picks up bg tiles on the second layer(1st) and not the 1st(0). Is It ok to do it this way?
The way I would do it is have collision on the second layer(2) and ground that is just for looks on the first(1). But you can do it like that if you want. Also, for the overworld map I would separate it into sections so we can have a nice size for the overworld. I might do the same for larger dungeons because they are large. Yep. But I wouldn't start on larger dungeons yet because we want the players to get at least mostly settled. I would do a large dungeon on every 3rd or 5th multiple, and after the 6th or 10th multiples we would put some game changing discovery. EDIT: I just made and deleted a few test posts. Don't mind them.

OK. I was planning on dividing it into sections for each screen. I will do it my way just in case we need the 2nd ad 3rd layers for something. Also, what so you mean by multiples?

I'll be the artist.

I'll be the artist.
Great!

I just need the current graphic files, and I'll get to work.

I just need the current graphic files, and I'll get to work.
I'll set up and PM you the key ASAP.

OK. I was planning on dividing it into sections for each screen. I will do it my way just in case we need the 2nd ad 3rd layers for something. Also, what so you mean by multiples?
Multiples of dungeons, like if it is in multiples of 3 it would be 3rd dungeon, 6th dungeon, and so on.

Multiples of dungeons, like if it is in multiples of 3 it would be 3rd dungeon, 6th dungeon, and so on.
Oh ok.

Just in case, are you going to use the letter sprites? I need to erase a few to make room.

Just in case, are you going to use the letter sprites? I need to erase a few to make room.
No, I am not. I already have a working text box system.

Attention, everyone! Ruebled v.8 Beta will be released and open to the public Aug. 1, 2018(This Wednesday)! Get ready for splendid music, almost great graphics, and an exciting story at approximately 8:00 o' clock PM Central Daylight Time! CHANGELOG v.8 Beta •Application stable Hope you enjoy!

Oh yeah; Squivolt when your done with some background stuff, send me a key!

What specific tiles did you need?