LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

PetitComm

Root / Submissions / [.]

NewStyleJavaCreated:
Download:DERX58HE
Version:Ver. 1.3.1Size:SB3:80KB , PC(Zip file):40MB
PetitComm is a file communication software between PC and 3DS. The maximum speed of PC->3DS communication is about 22880bps(with a wire). By combining with compress mode, the actual speed reaches to about 40kbps. Even without any wires, this program can do PC->3DS communication at 3510bps. In compress mode, that reaches to about 7kbps.

Specs:

• PC->3DS
    • Speed
      • 910bps
        • Modulation method: 2ASK
        • Baud rate: 1,022.75baud
      • 1720bps
        • Modulation method: 4ASK
      • 3510bps
        • Modulation method: 16QAM
      • 7600bps (only for wired)
        • Modulation method: 16QAM
        • Baud rate: 2045.5baud
      • 11420bps (only for wired)
        • Modulation method: 64QAM
        • Baud rate: 2045.5baud
      • 22880bps (only for wired)
        • Modulation method: 64QAM
        • Baud rate: 4091baud
    • Functions
      • Compression Mode (pseudo-Deflate)
      • ARQ(Automatic Repeat Request) Mode
  • 3DS->PC
    • Speed
      • 910bps (only for wired)
        • Modulation method: 2ASK
        • Baud rate: 1,046.5baud
      • 1880bps (only for wired)
        • Modulation method: 4ASK
        • Baud rate: 1,046.5baud
    • Function
      • ARQ(Automatic Repeat Request) Mode

Instructions:

CAUTION: DO NOT LISTEN TO THE COMMUNICATION SOUNDS.

How to install / uninstall

On SB3, download programs as usual, and on PC, download here, and expand all of contents somewhere. When uninstalling, delete programs on SB3, and throw program files to the recycle bin on PC. They don't save any data on registry.

How to send files from PC to 3DS

0. Select sound output device by selecting on Options->Sound Config or the config window of OS 1. Press "Open" button and select a file to send 2. Select the speed to send on "Speed" combobox 3. Select file type Text / Data as Text / Data / Image on "File type" combobox 4. If you use compression / ARQ function, check them. 5. On SB3, select "RECEIVE FILE MODE" 6. Put earphones to 3DS's mic, or connect to 3DS with audio wire 6.5. If you use ARQ mode, connect 3DS's sound output wire to PC's mic input 7. Press "Send File", and wait for communication

How to send files from 3DS to PC (only with wire)

1. Press "SEND FILE MODE" 2. Select the speed to send and if using ARQ Mode or not. 3. Select file type Text / Data / Image 4. Select a file to send 5. On PC, Press "Receive File" button. 6. Connect to PC with audio wire 6.5. If you use ARQ mode, connect PC's sound output wire to 3DS's mic input 7. Press A button, and wait for communication

Changelog

Ver. 1.3.1

• Added the function showing message when a packet error is occurred
  • Changed the function of cancel button in Send Mode to stopping sounds as soon as it is pressed
Versions

Ver. 1.3.1

Download key: DERX58HE PC Link: PetitComm 1.3.1

Ver. 1.3

Download key: D3SNN3Q1 PC Link: Petitcomm 1.3
To download communication software on PC, click here, and for details, read readme_en.txt included in download file.

Thanks for using my programs and for feedback. That makes me so happy. :) Since I read your comment, I added alerting system for packet losses. Additionally, I changed the work of "cancel" button in Send Mode to stopping sounds at the moment it's pressed. So, I hope the chance and the length of accidentally listening to the communication sounds are reduced... Thanks.