LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Root / General / [.]

PerskaCreated:
The Nintendo switch looks great, but I'm not sure it would work very well as a portable handheld like the 3DS. I can fit my 3DS in my pocket, my sister can fit it in her purse, but where the f#ck am I going to put that massive thing?
the point is that nintendo is continuing the 3DS lines and branching off to replace the wii u pretty much.
My theory on the matter is that the Old 3DS line will indeed be dropped, but games will still be made for the New 3DS exclusively. The New 3DS was kinda held back by its older brother because nobody wanted it to have many exclusives, and now might be the right time for it to shine.
yeah i think there will still be some Wobbly Tooth-quality games being made for the o3DS.

The Nintendo switch looks great, but I'm not sure it would work very well as a portable handheld like the 3DS. I can fit my 3DS in my pocket, my sister can fit it in her purse, but where the f#ck am I going to put that massive thing?
the point is that nintendo is continuing the 3DS lines and branching off to replace the wii u pretty much.
My theory on the matter is that the Old 3DS line will indeed be dropped, but games will still be made for the New 3DS exclusively. The New 3DS was kinda held back by its older brother because nobody wanted it to have many exclusives, and now might be the right time for it to shine.
I would love this. Sometimes it feels like I bought a N3ds just to play virtual console games. Like it's a nostalgia machine.

Developers just like the idea of selling to as many people as possible and making a highly available product. Look at SB, an environment where people can make N3DS exclusive programs. Many people try as hard as they can to somewhat support the O3DS so that everyone can use it. On the other hand, the lack of N3DS exclusives would make people possibly want to get a game just to justify it, but I think like the DSI before it, most games will just have N3DS enhanced features like higher FPS and such.

Well crap, I have O3ds, if this does happen... HOMEBREW... or just buy a N3ds...

I'm not exactly sure where this belongs, but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LcnKRtUfqY This looks promising for SmileBASIC in the future

I'm not exactly sure where this belongs, but...
This is the perfect spot for this! And as sad as it may sound, a SmileBOOM title would be a system seller for me.

Well, I waited in line for 6 hours to get this. AND IT WAS WORTH IT! I HIGHLY recommend Nintendo Fans to buy this hybrid thing.

Poll [poll=p84][/poll]

Yup! I have a Switch and I recommend everyone here to get one, if you don't mind about waiting for more games. Oh, and the Switch carts taste like...........idk... 100x more bad than whatever was your worst taste...

Yup! I have a Switch and I recommend everyone here to get one, if you don't mind about waiting for more games. Oh, and the Switch carts taste like...........idk... 100x more bad than whatever was your worst taste...
I doubt that tastes worse than mussels IMO...

I've always been a handheld person, so the WII U, and the switch, look right jolly on that score...and, I feel fine with saving up my cash for a switch because by the time I have $400.00 to throw at the thing, there will either be a decent variety on the switch, or not enough to make it worth it. (I highly doubt the ladder of those two)

I've always been a handheld person, so the WII U, and the switch, look right jolly on that score...and, I feel fine with saving up my cash for a switch because by the time I have $400.00 to throw at the thing, there will either be a decent variety on the switch, or not enough to make it worth it. (I highly doubt the ladder of those two)
ladder?

ladder?
Sorry, I meant latter. If you still don't know that phrase, (I have a very wide range of vocabulary for my age) here's an example: "Father gave us our choice of the Blue cheese or the red Pepper. I chose the former and Charlie chose the latter." You can look it up if you need more reference.

ladder?
Sorry, I meant latter. If you still don't know that phrase, (I have a very wide range of vocabulary for my age) here's an example: "Father gave us our choice of the Blue cheese or the red Pepper. I chose the former and Charlie chose the latter." You can look it up if you need more reference.
i know what latter means

ladder?
i know what latter means
Oh, alrighty then.

Would the Switch be worth it if I bought if for just Minecraft and SB if it comes out?

Would the Switch be worth it if I bought if for just Minecraft and SB if it comes out?
There is absolutely NO signs of SB coming to Switch at the moment as far as I have seen. So if it's a minecraft tablet for you, you might be better off with an actual tablet. At least then you can branch out from SmileBASIC and learn some other languages with apps like SoloLearn

SB on the switch just sounds terrible Typing code with a keyboard on a capacitative touchscreen? haha no.

SB on the switch just sounds terrible Typing code with a keyboard on a capacitative touchscreen? haha no.
Doesn't the switch support usb keyboards?

Doesn't the switch support usb keyboards?
Oh, I'm not sure. If it does that would be nice.