LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

New Announcement System

Root / Site Discussion / [.]

haloopdyCreated:
Based on suggestions from the other announcement thread, announcements have been changed to only notify you of the creation of the thread. Instead of being automatically subscribed to the thread, you can choose to watch the thread after seeing the initial notification. Hopefully this solves some of the issues people had with the other announcement system. Let me know if you have any other problems. Note: the old thread has been deleted so people don't have piles of notifications when they come back.

Can you make the notification number a bit less intrusive? The color and size don't really match the rest of the site. There's a way to make things hard to miss while still making them fit in with everything else... I'm not great with graphical design but I'm sure there's a way. The first step is to make it a bit smaller :) (I'm on desktop FWIW)

Yeah, it is a bit weird and big. Also, putting a link/button on the USER popup that goes to notifications would be cool; I always forget the notification symbol is its own button since it's attached to the USER button. Otherwise it's p good.

If it's smaller, its harder to press on mobile. However, I could make it smaller if I add a link to the user area. But I'd need to restyle the user area... which I guess is OK. I'll work it out if I can, but I have other things to do right now. I'm sorry.

It seems that announcement notifications don't automatically clear when you visit them, even if the setting is on. Unfortunately, I can't recreate it anymore since I foolishly cleared it manually, and can't have another one without you guys making another announcement. Whoops!

It seems that announcement notifications don't automatically clear when you visit them, even if the setting is on. Unfortunately, I can't recreate it anymore since I foolishly cleared it manually, and can't have another one without you guys making another announcement. Whoops!
This is on purpose. It's partially because of the system; announcements are a special type of notification (they had to be in order to only notify you once). I don't know, this one is nasty to fix (I've already tried). Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it (I think)