LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Microphone/Audio Playback Tutorial

Root / Submissions / [.]

amihartCreated:
Version:Size:

This project has been merged into Virtual Parallax Barrier Tutorial

A tutorial for doing some basic things with the microphone, along with example programs. The tutorial covers: [1] Blowing into the microphone. [2] Real-time wave frequency determination. [3] Recording and playback using WAVSETA. [4] Recording and playback using PCMSTREAM (from the DLC package).

Instructions:

Run the program called "Tutorial". I named the actual files kinda strange things, so if you're trying to find a specific example, these are how the file names equate to the names shown in the Tutorial app: BLOWING EXAMPLE = BLOWEXAMPLE AMPLITUDE EXAMPLE = AMPEXAMPLE WAVE ANALYSIS EXAMPLE = AUDVIS RECORDING/PLAYBACK EXAMPLE 1 = RECORDX RECORDING/PLAYBACK EXAMPLE 2 = RECORDP The WAVE ANALYSIS EXAMPLE works best when analyzing pure-tones between 1-15 Hz while being plugged directly into the 3DS using a splitter and a TRS cable. You can use this web app to produce pure tones. You can't physically hear tones that low, but the 3DS can pick them up over a TRS cable.

Not sure what the problem is. It's frustrating when people downrate without explaining why. If there's something wrong with it, I guess I'll take it down for now, I don't know what's wrong with it.

Replying to:amihart
Not sure what the problem is. It's frustrating when people downrate without explaining why. If there's something wrong with it, I guess I'll take it down for now, I don't know what's wrong with it.
If "I'm taking my toys away until you say you like me" is your reaction to anonymous downvotes, you may not be ready for the Internet yet.

Heh? I took the program down because I expected it is broken. I am not going to keep a program up that is not serving its purpose. I would appreciate you to stop trolling and provide some useful input so I can fix it. When half your votes are downvotes, there's clearly something wrong with the program. I don't want you to say my program's good, I want you to tell me why it's bad.

It might just be a troll downvote. I wouldn't worry about it; downvote fairies are everywhere. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks really informative. Look over the program, and if you're still happy with it despite what other people say, you should bring it back.

My experience with this place so far has been pretty good. Even my worst program didn't get any downvotes, so naturally I thought I must be doing something wrong. I think I'll review the code a bit more, I didn't spend as much time on this as I did some of my other projects so it definitely could use some improvements.

Hey, I think this program is actually really useful. It'd be wonderful if you could bring it back. We don't have anything else that shows exactly how to use all this sound stuff (particularly the dlc).

Yeah bring this back up Don't let the unnecessary negative votes take it down

Does it use the DLC? I can imagine someone who hates the DLC down voting it simply because DLC.

Replying to:mystman12
Does it use the DLC? I can imagine someone who hates the DLC down voting it simply because DLC.
That's probably the reason If you can but an 8 dollar app you can buy a 5 dollar DLC Don't down vote it because you don't have it

It had two separate sections: one for audio playback using DLC and one for audio playback without DLC using WAVSETA.

I need to now how t use the dlc features

I merged the files from this tutorial into my other tutorial here.