LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Enter the Ring

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

codingineptCreated:
there goes stupid magee (that's me) deleting the daytime sprite sheet AGAIN

guess i'm gonna just quietly lay this game to rest. to ambitious for my current skill. maybe i'll revive it as a mode in a future project, likely not in basic. really for real sad about this but what can i really DO with my very bad skill at basic. you will know me as codinginept. on a side note how can i stack pipes in mario maker 2.

on a side note how can i stack pipes in mario maker 2.
You can't. They removed pipe stacking.

You can't. They removed pipe stacking.
i know but i heard someone say you can still do it by using a glitch.

come on don't kill this project

i'm to dumm for it.

i'm to dumm for it.
no practice and learn, then bring it back to life. If you are bad at something, the best thing to do about it is to get good at it. Otherwise you won't ever accomplish it.

no practice and learn, then bring it back to life. If you are bad at something, the best thing to do about it is to get good at it. Otherwise you won't ever accomplish it.
oh that's fair ok

i'm probably gonna try getting this back up and running again. probably gonna ask for some more help than i was before so i don't risk the dumb. as well as various other things. in the meantime i have screenshots. that i'll be posting here to give you a look into what exactly's going on.

on account of how everything is animated very simple-like and i only have the brain to have one attack functional, i'm gonna like overhaul the thing to make it more NES-like as opposed to the SNES. i do still have screenshots that i'm gonna get up and out here soon.

this is big skeleton.i was intending on having a little skeleton but i couldn't really figure out how to do the skeleton looking details on a smaller sprite so we only have the big one.

this is one of the quit scenesthose are scenes that play out when the player decides to quit. they lead into a game over to make going back to the title screen easier for me to program. also this screenshot here is using part of the to be scrapped night colors cuz i was trying to make a day-night kinda thing that would switch between day or night depending on when you'd start the game. i kept accidentally overwriting the day sheet though so i just decided to make it day-only. also there were going to be day and night specific events but not much i can do about that now.

this is the old game over screensince i'm switching to an NES aesthetic it's just white text on a black background now.

this is what the bottom screen looks like right nowbut i'm gonna change the controls to only use a and b and the + pad because NES. i'm keeping the crowd though because they're there to throw health restoring items and/or trash to help or hinder you or enemies.

here's the old title screennot much going on. perfect for the NESing.

this is the guide. i'm going to instead make a full manual and release it as a PDF? or whatever. bottom line, in-game guide is getting the can.

ok so funny story the gameplay is gonna take some SERIOUS knocks here. just to make it easier on me you only have one attack. but if i get this finished i'll probably either make a sequel to this that's just better or HEAVILY update it once it's out. anyway the reason i'm here right now is two things, #1 i need a system that detects if you're holding down on a button which i hope will serve two functions being to disallow other button presses while the aforementioned button is held and so that i can have an attack charging system. i already have sort of what the ground work for that system, so i just need to kinda sorta inject something in there that prevents other buttons from being detected. so like help please. and #2, i need help making idle animations work. once i have those done, i can move into enemies and general gameplay.

wow!Amazing sprites!

wow!Amazing sprites!
hopefully i don't make the visuals terrible with the whole nes angle i'm trying now.

so uh i figured out mml so i'm gonna try to make some good music. it's not as hard as my tiny brain thought. also i did it mostly on my own. (edit because of afterthought) of course not WELL but i can make it make sound. but uh i would like to know how i can get a note to go longer than 1 cuz for some reason the higher a number gets the shorter the note gets.