LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Dev/Bugreports for SKKBAUI

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

CyberYoshi64Created:
POKE and PEEK write to or read from certain サカキバラUI variables assigned to a certain number, like most 8bit computers.
Hey... Thats pretty good!

What I've done today:
Keyboard flicker When my code works and yet fails at the same time - (This error screen is flickering and should be on the bottom screen. - was just for show lol Y'know that サカキバラUI can lag easily and the keyboard therefore goes crazy (it flickers heavily). I've fixed the keyboard flicker by simply changing the way it's drawn. - rough illustration Both the top and bottom screen share the same frame buffer. That's it. I think the unused area might be used for pixel-based variables or custom graphics but I'm not sure.
Temporary removalI removed the ability to add ミドリOS and サカキバラUI app packages because some weird things happened with the design graphics. Biut will be added back to the loader later.
Manual1. I simply rushed a few pages so I added a note at the launch of the manual and a blinking message that the manual is W.I.P. 2. A few pages are added (of course, empty) and a weird moment where the manual seemingly fails counting but is just skipping a lot of placeholders.
SettingsThe designs have taken over the "Theme color" menu and can be chosen and customized using a BG image and design-dependend, theme color, transparency level and a by-user-given value (can be blur power, texture index, ...) The language settings give options that let you choose a language pack that's valid.¹ Some experimental flags can be changed for things I tested in the update. ¹ "Valid" is a bit loose as it's just meaning that the pack exists, has a good ID and at least 1 entry. A bad language pack (bad ID or having no entry) will still appear and perhaps cause サカキバラUI to terminate. But that is very unlikely with language packs made by me.
LanguagesSince IDK which language might be added, I've preset 6 new languages with an ID, so サカキバラUI would theoretically support 10 languages but the text is missing for 8/10 languages which one of you or myself add later. (I use Google Translate, so don't wonder)
EDIT: Poll closed: [poll=p702][/poll] Alrighty :)

When the 0.3.7 comes?

Well, semi-bad news. OK for ver0.3.7 Really bad for future versions
What happened?To test for minimal installs (no optional data in the setup have been unpacked) I've temporarily moved the data to my PC because my SD card is full of homebrew. Now Windows 10 decided to kill itself and made the data unusable that the Windows DVD had to remove. Not only are certain backups lost but also concept art and also, the tools I use to turn BASIC code written in VS code to SmileBASIC.
EDIT: I'm bad at making posts descriptive. The public keys are still up so it's not that bad for this version but not for future versions until I get everything back.
SpoilerF Windows. I go to Linux instead. Sure, millions of updates to make and differences I have to get used to but Windows seems to hate me, so I have no choice.
I'll release ver0.3.7 afap but this inconvenience slows down my momentum. It feels like as if I got stuck in a cement block.

Oopsie, I guess I miscounted. The newest version will be ver0.3.6 which I'm uploading now. Now, when I get used to Linux and my tools being reinstalled, I'll finally make the API and XCMD.LIB documentations, so everyone knows, how to use them.

Well, I completely forgot about this. If you position a window head close to the taskbar, some of the app will obscure pieces of the keyboard. (Yeah, an easy fix but not enough to rush a new revision.) Edit: Text of the desktop icons need to either change or have a single-color (and darker) box behind them(similar to Win9x) Also, poll time: [poll=p711][/poll]

Just make it as a PDF. I can make a simple PDF-to-text extractor if you want. Just make sure you use normal text and not images. Google Docs or Word might be a good option.

Just make it as a PDF. I can make a simple PDF-to-text extractor if you want. Just make sure you use normal text and not images. Google Docs or Word might be a good option.
I was imagining that in the manual program I'll use minimally formatted text and the PDF includes even some illustrations. I mean, I could make both versions myself for the English and German version and others can just hand me their translated PDF, DOC etc. to me to import their text into the manual, so I can distribute it in the manual too.

I was imagining that in the manual program I'll use minimally formatted text and the PDF includes even some illustrations. I mean, I could make both versions myself for the English and German version and others can just hand me their translated PDF, DOC etc. to me to import their text into the manual, so I can distribute it in the manual too.
Distributing the XCMD.LIB API overview to the manual (and PDF as well) might be a good option I guess. Also, have a suggestion!
the suggestionWe could add a .WAV player (I know that it has been already added, but we could make it functional with 12Me21's "Free WAV Player", tho), also add some new games (Spaceship is too repetitive so we could also add a Platforming game which can be a "Donkey Kong" clone), and make the browser functional for Sakakibara UI so I guess we could convert those HTML files to PTML if possible.

Okay, I made a prototype version of my PDF-to-text converter. I can upload it, if you want. Its code is really crappy though (I'm sure there's a MUCH better way to get chars from SBFM-imported DAT files, please let me know what it is), but it "works."

We could add a .WAV player (I know that it has been already added, but we could make it functional with 12Me21's "Free WAV Player", tho), also add some new games (Spaceship is too repetitive so we could also add a Platforming game which can be a "Donkey Kong" clone), and make the browser functional for Sakakibara UI so I guess we could convert those HTML files to PTML if possible.
1. Well, the WAV player does have its commands (even the old version) in the XCMD library but, yes. I still need to make a GUI on the desktop, including some API calls, so I can isolate WAVs from normal MML in the 8 BGM channels. 2. I'm so bad at programming games, and it's even impossible for me to add my game to the desktop due to timing and stuff, so the desktop doesn't lag hard. I could bring my dead jump'n'run game back to life and add it in. (Note that it will not run in the desktop cuz of
certain reasons- サカキバラUI neither allows sprites or BG layers on desktop apps - My jump'n'runner uses a ton of variables and adding all 1482 variables into the desktop is ridiculous. - The map and other things use arrays but they aren't usable under VARS_ARR[WID,???] as they have multiple dimensions
) 3. The browser, yeah that was another dead project but I'll refine it more. (This will also be not runnable in the desktop due to PetitModem implementation and nested DEFs aren't allowed since I modified a Lowerdash program by hand.) The conversion tool will be added to the browser.

@HTV04 Yes, upload it. Maybe I can improve it a bit or your definition of "crappy" code is actually better than my coding skills. EDIT:
Maybe I'll add these in but IDKNew designs for the setup/updater: I think I'll make them selectable for the setup via the settings (> save to SYS.CONF) But I guess it's gonna be a thing that gets forgotten, like the "Hibernate" (you have to manually press the power button to turn off) on PCs. Note: These are not on 3DS. These were made using an image tool XBOX ONE-like but homebrew-style Nintendo Switch's boot update thingy Windows 10 update style Windows setup since Vista style

@HTV04 Yes, upload it. Maybe I can improve it a bit or your definition of "crappy" code is actually better than my coding skills. EDIT:
Maybe I'll add these in but IDKNew designs for the setup/updater: I think I'll make them selectable for the setup via the settings (> save to SYS.CONF) But I guess it's gonna be a thing that gets forgotten, like the "Hibernate" (you have to manually press the power button to turn off) on PCs. Note: These are not on 3DS. These were made using an image tool XBOX ONE-like but homebrew-style Nintendo Switch's boot update thingy Windows 10 update style Windows setup since Vista style
Wow, I guess this will improve Sakakibara UI a lot (graphically and somewhat technically) Also
[...] 2. I'm so bad at programming games [...]
Maybe I can help you to implement my Road Fighter clone somehow. (The code is kinda crappy but I guess we can improve it...) Here is it: http://smilebasicsource.com/page?pid=1509

I'm not sure if that's the Windows 10 update screen...

POKE and PEEK write to or read from certain サカキバラUI variables assigned to a certain number, like most 8bit computers.
Huh????????

I'm not sure if that's the Windows 10 update screen...
It is, when updating/upgrading from a major version. e.g. Win7 -> Win 10 or Win 10 March -> Win10 November (At least the 2nd one appears on my father's PC like that.)
POKE and PEEK...
Huh????????
POKE and PEEK cannot be use directly.You need arguments, like functions in SB do. PEEK defaults to 0, since it can have 0 to 1 argument. POKE needs 2 arguments, seperated by a comma. (It's similar to COLOR where a comma is the seperator and is necessary)
Wow, I guess this will improve Sakakibara UI a lot (graphically and somewhat technically) Also
[...] 2. I'm so bad at programming games [...]
Maybe I can help you to implement my Road Fighter clone somehow. (The code is kinda crappy but I guess we can improve it...) Here is it: http://smilebasicsource.com/page?pid=1509
Well, thanks! :)

Here it is: WBNNS334

It's been a while since I don't post a bug but... Something is actually happening to Sakakibara UI... ———Steps on how to do it——— 1. Go to settings. 2. Go to experimental settings, go to the main screen of settings. 3. Close settings.

It's been a while since I don't post a bug but... Something is actually happening to Sakakibara UI... ———Steps on how to do it——— 1. Go to settings. 2. Go to experimental settings, go to the main screen of settings. 3. Close settings.
That's not a bug. You've triggered fuzzy mode. Move windows around and you get an effect like WinXP crashing but サカキバラUI doesn't. If you close all windows, the UI goes crazy fast! The button registers a hit when clicking the "Experimental settings" button but releasing it on the fuzzy mode button. (The above behaviour is somewhat intended but the placement is garbage.) (I should replace the first buttons with the BTN API instead, so the issu is mitigated.

That's not a bug. You've triggered fuzzy mode. Move windows around and you get an effect like WinXP crashing but サカキバラUI doesn't. If you close all windows, the UI goes crazy fast! The button registers a hit when clicking the "Experimental settings" button but releasing it on the fuzzy mode button. (The above behaviour is somewhat intended but the placement is garbage.) (I should replace the first buttons with the BTN API instead, so the issu is mitigated.
I guess you should remove it. It's kinda... annoying.