LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Dev/Bugreports for SKKBAUI

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

CyberYoshi64Created:
it should be an innovative step for SmileBASIC, AND to end all the Mock OSes.
I really don't think your goal should be to make a Mock OS to "end" other Mock OSs. I've seen what you've been trying to develop, and I think your real goal should be making a Mock OS that not only inspires other Mock OSs, but also inspires the SmileBASIC community as a whole.

I really don't think your goal should be to make a Mock OS to "end" other Mock OSs. I've seen what you've been trying to develop, and I think your real goal should be making a Mock OS that not only inspires other Mock OSs, but also inspires the SmileBASIC community as a whole.
Yeah. One thing, I really like midori. I like the ability to easily make apps, and it's really nice to use. Another, it's not really a contest. SmileBASIC tells you that when you upload a program, it's available to anyone who types in the key. It's not like you make money or anything.

Yeah. One thing, I really like midori. I like the ability to easily make apps, and it's really nice to use. Another, it's not really a contest. SmileBASIC tells you that when you upload a program, it's available to anyone who types in the key. It's not like you make money or anything.
I know. I don't want to stand as competition as stated on Midori's page as well. That state was a joke and HTV04 did describe one of my goals. I want to make this because I want to master this version of BASIC and to inspire anyone I can with my mOS.

I know. I don't want to stand as competition as stated on Midori's page as well. That state was a joke and HTV04 did describe one of my goals. I want to make this because I want to master this version of BASIC and to inspire anyone I can with my mOS.
(Me)

--- Let's get back to topic, please! --- The Logon UI is now embedded in the main loop
...You could see the Logon UI as a standalone app that can access any API features like keys read from the keyboard and mouse positions but any other apps are disabled to prevent clipping issues or major lag.
instead of just standing out though most elements are disabled when the UI is running, f.e. the desktop and taskbar. This "Alt-Tab" window is now working but since I don't have a custom keyboard yet, you need to press some buttons together but I'll implement it in the keyboard soon.

Is this still called Windows 3DS? I would recommend coming up with an original name.

Is this still called Windows 3DS? I would recommend coming up with an original name.
yeah Windows 3DS sounds like it's officially Windows for the 3DS.

yeah Windows 3DS sounds like it's officially Windows for the 3DS.
It has it's codename Windows6Mix and it's one of the only Google results that are actually relevant and I've thought of changing the name of it anyway as the project name is already -WIN6MIX-...

cool

Okay, Yeah Bomber.

#passwort

#passwort
Yeah, I didn't change the language to English to display "Password" instead. But I don't mind my screenshots using German instead of English...

New things New design of the splash and default boot logo. I'm currently making a custom keyboard for Win6Mix with a failsafe if a part, like the data for the keys, are missing. EDIT: The japanese and other asian languages are no longer supportable by Windows6Mix. Reason: The kanjis are so many characters (~2000 of them I think) and aren't used by any other language, so I replace them with symbols for the system and perhaps use it as some sort of icon system for apps, so apps can have individual icons to tell them apart better. (Just a concept!)

New things New design of the splash and default boot logo. I'm currently making a custom keyboard for Win6Mix with a failsafe if a part, like the data for the keys, are missing. EDIT: The japanese and other asian languages are no longer supportable by Windows6Mix. Reason: The kanjis are so many characters (~2000 of them I think) and aren't used by any other language, so I replace them with symbols for the system and perhaps use it as some sort of icon system for apps, so apps can have individual icons to tell them apart better. (Just a concept!)
The failsafe might make this easier to port over to SmileBASIC 4, which I may consider doing. I like the new name, but I would recommend removing "Windows" from the title altogether, and the logo should be changed to something more original as well. btw I'm an idea planner for this now, for anyone who's wondering

cool

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----- *infinite years later* OOOOOOAAAAAAAAA!!! amazing. EDIT:
--- Let's get back to topic, please! --- The Logon UI is now embedded in the main loop
...You could see the Logon UI as a standalone app that can access any API features like keys read from the keyboard and mouse positions but any other apps are disabled to prevent clipping issues or major lag.
instead of just standing out though most elements are disabled when the UI is running, f.e. the desktop and taskbar. This "Alt-Tab" window is now working but since I don't have a custom keyboard yet, you need to press some buttons together but I'll implement it in the keyboard soon.
What of a debug menu when making a diagnostic input?

Yea, that thing.

Is this going to have its own API for programs, or will it build off of something like OTYAX or Midori? I would recommend having an API that builds off of one of the two (preferably Midori due to it having more programs made for it and having an easier way to import programs, but I think OTYAX has more extensibility). EDIT: After downloading the beta it seems to use Midori as a base. Could you try to increase compatibility with original Midori programs though? Almost none of the ones that come with Midori work.

Is this going to have its own API for programs, or will it build off of something like OTYAX or Midori? I would recommend having an API that builds off of one of the two (preferably Midori due to it having more programs made for it and having an easier way to import programs, but I think OTYAX has more extensibility). EDIT: After downloading the beta it seems to use Midori as a base. Could you try to increase compatibility with original Midori programs though? Almost none of the ones that come with Midori work.
I told this is based off of ミドリ's beta and I'll try my best to get compatibility between Win6Mix and ミドリOS... EDIT: Because of this, it'll take a while until the new beta is available...

I told this is based off of ミドリ's beta and I'll try my best to get compatibility between Win6Mix and ミドリOS... EDIT: Because of this, it'll take a while until the new beta is available...
At least, betas are throwing to the cloud fast.