LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Chunk Editor

Root / Submissions / [.]

raimondzCreated:
Version:0.2Size:
This program contains a chunk editor. It let you add tiles on the foreground or background. There is an autotile feature for some tiles. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to handle entities between chunks. Right now, I think on implementing a linked list for the entities. Each one of them will have an ID. However, I don't know if this is the best aproach The aim of this project is to remake a game I did with my friends some time ago on Unity. The game was a 2d platformer roguelike with a pseudo-random dungeon generator (By randomly selecting predefined maps and build a graph). Since there doesn't exist a "Scene Editor" in Smilebasic, I decided to start with my own editor for my game. Credits: -kldck_hul for lowerdash.

Notes:

Next Release: -Add Entities like enemies, Moving platform,etc. -Add code for the player. -Add a screen to play the level. -Fix map display between chunk transition. V0.2 -Added autotile -Added loading and saving. V0.1 Initial Release -Implemented a chunk system for the background. -Implemented a basic menu. -New button work and create a map with the specified chunks

Mario maker clone, confirmed.... This is really giooooooood.

I love Rouglikes! Please keep up the good work! Good Luck!

Do you need lowerdash to run it?

Replying to:Defaultio
Do you need lowerdash to run it?
No, lowerdash is included in the project. The last version has the uncompiled project because I wanted to post the modules that I used on the game. However, on the next release, I will post the main along with the compiled code to avoid the overhead of compiling the code.

Is this still being updated? This is really useful for the program I want to make!

Replying to:ElzoBro
Is this still being updated? This is really useful for the program I want to make!
Yep, it's still up. The project is the uncompiled version and have some comentaries. However, I think the camera is broken because I use the "player" velocity to move it but the background cannot be moved with decimal values.

Nooo why did you take it down I could have sworn it was up the other day

Replying to:HumbleWario
Nooo why did you take it down I could have sworn it was up the other day
Sorry, there were some issues with the camera(Because background doesn't move with decimal values), the UI(Since I abused of GRP functions at some points) and other stuff(Mainly, I made the game editor before making the game itself). Also, I feel that I made some modules on the wrong way. That's the main reason for removing the game, because I need to make the things from scratch (Mainly, the chunk system).