LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

The "SB Download Station Project"

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

the_squat1115Created:
Maybe we should indeed think about making a Discord server for this project. SBS appears to be kinda dull and I don't want this project to end up forgotten in a drawer, never to be seen by anyone else but me

Maybe we should indeed think about making a Discord server for this project. SBS appears to be kinda dull and I don't want this project to end up forgotten in a drawer, never to be seen by anyone else but me
Maybe we could use the SBS discord bridge bot and implement it to the development chat at the new site somehow… (I still can’t convince my mom to reinstall me discord… oof.mp3 i guess…)

I was planning on forking this and using SBapi when that's alive again to make a "program shop" like SB4 has for the 3ds.

I was planning on forking this and using SBapi when that's alive again to make a "program shop" like SB4 has for the 3ds.
I ain't have issues with forks and I would love to continue coding it, however, I keep hitting a roadblock where my code just gets unstable for no apparent reason, sucking up the fun to diagnose the issue to fix that. Like, v0.0.4 is the latest stable release I currently have and it looks so backwards from what I currently have (new GUI). I feel like I'm just not talented enough right now to actually make the project the way I want it to be in terms of design and usablility. Fun fact: I actually thought about adding support for SBAPI myself, in case it comes back online, as well as extending the project to be a full-fledged file explorer (like a mix of Checkpoint and FBI as well as maybe previews but yeah, see above) EDIT: Yeah, it might be because I'm really rusted in C, it's so painful to use. And I doubt Lua allows me to make the UI and have threaded download routines, so I'm in a lose-lose situation right now...

Fun fact: I actually thought about adding support for SBAPI myself, in case it comes back online
Wait, did Record shut SBAPI down? Also, hope this project is doing well... I haven't made an update about this, the project has turned from a demo store to a sort of preservation project... I'll maybe change the description of the project, so it can fit with the new ideals I've set for it.

Wait, did Record shut SBAPI down? Also, hope this project is doing well... I haven't made an update about this, the project has turned from a demo store to a sort of preservation project... I'll maybe change the description of the project, so it can fit with the new ideals I've set for it.
I am uncertain about the condition SBAPI is under, there was some saying that it would come back but it has long been dead. About the project itself, it kinda died too; I just put myself too hard into the codebase I have made, and it is incredibly unstable, and I need to start fresh on it. I could possibly combine it with my SB3 "modpack" but I don`t want to take away the essence that this project started as: not being a side thing of a bigger project.

I am uncertain about the condition SBAPI is under, there was some saying that it would come back but it has long been dead. About the project itself, it kinda died too; I just put myself too hard into the codebase I have made, and it is incredibly unstable, and I need to start fresh on it. I could possibly combine it with my SB3 "modpack" but I don`t want to take away the essence that this project started as: not being a side thing of a bigger project.
It's okay. Don't worry if you need to rewrite the whole codebase for the program, the project will reach a public usable state when it is ready. By the way, I recently saw the modpack you made for SmileBASIC 3. Honestly, it's rather impressive to see someone reverse engineer the whole app to make it have themes (and possibly extra menus). I like the idea of integrating the project onto SmileBASIC somehow, it makes the process far more convenient and might also serve as a replacement for the official SmileBASIC servers, just in case they go down. AFAIK the upload/download system that SmileBASIC uses has a dependency on Nintendo Network, how did I reach this conclusion? Well, I assume that because the upload/download system of SmileBASIC requests a sign in into your NNID, it might be accessing Nintendo Network's servers for something. So, in case Nintendo Network goes down, we can use the integration you are planning for your modpacks to be a rather convenient replacement of the original upload/download system. Also, I have a spare RPi-3, so I can make a server that contains everything that should be on the server, if you'd like to do that.

AFAIK the upload/download system that SmileBASIC uses has a dependency on Nintendo Network, how did I reach this conclusion? Well, I assume that because the upload/download system of SmileBASIC requests a sign in into your NNID, it might be accessing Nintendo Network's servers for something.
It is using Nintendo Network to get a principal ID, whereas it identifies you based on the console + NNID. The server uses the NNID + the principal ID as a way to tell who everyone is and whose program you might be downloading. Ofc since it logs into NN first, if that fails, SB3 simply rejects you, killing any access to the server you could still have had with already dumped credentials, like from using a proxy.
By the way, I recently saw the modpack you made for SmileBASIC 3. Honestly, it's rather impressive to see someone reverse engineer the whole app to make it have themes (and possibly extra menus).
I didn't even reverse much and it's not really a modpack right now either, so far, it has been poking some memory and editing files in romfs. I want to go deeper to learn about the internals. I already managed to do the silly act of converting float to raw and back in an SB3 program and also how variables are stored somewhat. I don't think custom menus are in the scope of what I'd like to do, after all, I kinda want to preserve SB3 in a way, be it just the menus for the aesthetics. I do want to detach the shop (such as the sound DLC) from SB3 since you can't buy the DLC soon and the routines for functions like ARYOP appears to be already present in the base code. Not to mention the japanese-exclusive Content IP DLCs, that only god knows where they are and if there are dumps of these... You can just get the assets yourself from like Spriters' Resource and also compose the MML sounds yourself, so that's not a problem, really.

Not to mention the japanese-exclusive Content IP DLCs, that only god knows where they are and if there are dumps of these...
Wait, there was a Japanese-Exclusive DLC? I'll try to look for it on that eShop that has an h instead of an e, if you got my reference.
I don't think custom menus are in the scope of what I'd like to do.
Then, shall we keep it as a separate app?

I don't think custom menus are in the scope of what I'd like to do.
Then, shall we keep it as a separate app?
Whether or not it might seem familiar to you but I want to repurpose CTGP-7's launcher (or at least the concepts behind it), so SB3 stays unmodified as-is and you run my mod through a launcher. Though it does raise a question about how I would be dealing with the save redirection, since my mod and vanilla SB3 will be entirely seperated... unless I dig into the plugin again and configure it to how is needed. So, yes, this applies to the Download Station too. I do combine into the launcher to maximize convenience. Not sure if PabloMK7 would've liked my save transfer tool for CTGP-7 into its launcher, but eh... at least I can do it with this project EDIT #5: Why am I keep misspelling. My head appears to have melted rn lmao

Whether or not it might seem familiar to you but I want to repurpose CTGP-7's launcher (or at least the concepts behind it), so SB3 stays unmodified as-is and you run my mod through a launcher.
Sounds nice. So, will the Download Station be integrated to the mod launcher or something?
EDIT #5: Why am I keep misspelling. My head appears to have melted rn lmao
Don't worry. This happens to me sometimes.

... , so SB3 stays unmodified as-is and you run my mod through a launcher.
Sounds nice. So, will the Download Station be integrated to the mod launcher or something?
Yes. That's what I envisioned it to be.