LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

The Legend Of Color (working title) [DEMO 2: Electric Boogaloo]

Root / Submissions / [.]

PerskaCreated:
Download:X5VXDVHV
Version:DEMO 2Size:~1 MiB
https://youtu.be/W70lVpl4wzM Footage from an unreleased version, where the map system doesn't suck [Winner of the SmileBASIC Source Color Contest] It's a TLoZ-like game! Except that, you just have a stick and nothing else. Explore dungeons with color puzzles! Beat up enemies! Things! TBRW (To Be ReWritten)

Instructions:

D-Pad/Circle Pad: Move A: Interact B: Use Weapon

Notes:

Known Bugs & Glitches:

• By moving and pressing A on the same frame when you transition between rooms, you can interact with an object that would despawn immediately after loading the room.
    reproducingOnce you have the Big Key for the overworld, open the big door east of your house. There, tap D-Pad up until you go to the north room. Once the screen transition happens, press Down and A at the same time. The big door cutscene should happen again.
    Probably fixed in next update, as you can lose keys forever with this glitch.
  • Warmup Dungeon skip: If you die in an area where the puzzle has been completed, dying in the same room and restarting the same file will make the game think you have completed the first dungeon. If you exit the house and reenter, the effects of the glitch will disappear.
    reproducingMake sure your last save was in your house. Go to the area with the first Browblin. If there are no rocks blocking the path, get damage until you die. Otherwise, defeat the Browblin and re-enter the room. Now either press A or B. If you pressed B, restart the same savefile. The glitch is now in effect. Leaving the house puts you where you would go after using the big key in the overworld.
    tl;dr sequence breaking. This will be probably fixed in the next update.

Future additions:

• Character customization.
  • Bug fixes.
  • Ability to name yourself with a mailbox.
  • More dungeons.
  • Sidequests.
  • Stuff I don't remember.
  • A proper name for the game.
  • And lastly, a logo that is not ugly.

tentative title, could change any moment

Demo 2 has only one dungeon

Replying to:Nokkomotion
Aha! I found out how to add in new maps!
Demo 2 makes it much easier, doesn't it? (If you didn't know yet, if you go to the label @ROOM_EXITS, you can change or add room exit overrides. you need to add an entry if you plan to use the tile triggered exits.)

Here's my mod. A bit less change than the last one but hey I might add onto it. KEY:4RFEJEXD

Here is the updated demo mod 2. RREEY3QJ

What does "hero mode" do?

Replying to:HTV04
What does "hero mode" do?
Damage you receive is doubled.

What on earth is “Electric Boogaloo” I’ve heard that from Gamejolt somewhere...

Replying to:GameLover39
“Electric Boogaloo” is a phrase typically appended to the title of a sequel TV or film production to mock its poor quality.

Replying to:GameLover39
Ohh ok