LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Sun Gun Payback

Root / Submissions / [.]

Autz64Created:
Download:43H5SXXD
Version:ALPHASize:2MB (10MB when uncompressed)

The wild west have come to SB with this boring but impressive shooter!

Sun Gun Payback is a on-rails western shooter, done in a similar way as light-gun arcade games! On this generic shooter, you take control of Clive, a cowboy who's exploring the wild west to find his family, who got kidnapped by his old friends. Since using 3D is too much intensive for SB, the game plays up on pre-rendered scenes i made up on Blender. While it is a limited approach, it won't affect the game flow at all! Also, since quality takes a lot of time, it only has 3 playable scenarios with a lot of missing features. Any detail regarding the development and its respective progress will go to the official development thread: https://smilebasicsource.com/forum?fpid=19035 . It has any detail you need to know. Special Thanks: - 12Me21: Image dithering - Lumage: Mentioning usefull programs - ActorBug: Compress program - Everyone else: Showing interest on the project

Instructions:

The game is compressed, which means that you must uncompressed it first: 1.- Run "UNPACK" program to decompress the game. Say "Yes" to anything when prompted. Otherwise the decompression will fail. 2.- Locate and run "A_MAIN" to play the game.

Good Job! This may be alpha but it is very great!

Wow, this is really cool, and I can’t wait for this to be finished! It feels kind of like a DOS game in a way... Do you think SmileBoom will be okay with this? After all, it does involve guns. If anything happens, you could always upload the files online so they can be downloaded with PetitModem or something.

Replying to:HTV04
Wow, this is really cool, and I can’t wait for this to be finished! It feels kind of like a DOS game in a way... Do you think SmileBoom will be okay with this? After all, it does involve guns. If anything happens, you could always upload the files online so they can be downloaded with PetitModem or something.
Well, they haven't say anything on Food Splatterhouse [BIG] that has blood and guns. So I think I'm okay in that regard. However, they could take it down on thinking that some stuff is copyrighted when is not, like the sounds.

Replying to:HTV04
Hopefully that’s the case (that they won’t take it down), I was just suggesting that SmileBoom might not be okay with it because the program involved fictional people being shot instead of fruit, but I don’t really know. It’s an amazing program nonetheless!

This is pretty impressive and the presentation is pulled off well despite the weird fisheye in some places. This is one of those programs where I'd enjoy seeing a dev diary about how it was all put together, in detail.

Replying to:snail_
This is pretty impressive and the presentation is pulled off well despite the weird fisheye in some places. This is one of those programs where I'd enjoy seeing a dev diary about how it was all put together, in detail.
You can check the development on the "official" thread: http://smilebasicsource.com/forum?ftid=1532 On summary: Everything is flat 2D with perspective tricks.

How did you make the menu sprites, There amazing. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE SEEN ON SMILEBASIC!!!!!!! +99999999999999999999 VOTES

Replying to:JINC_DEV
How did you make the menu sprites, There amazing. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE SEEN ON SMILEBASIC!!!!!!! +99999999999999999999 VOTES
Using Photoshop and custom fonts. Then importing to SB. And Thanks!

Replying to:Killias12
Good Job! This may be alpha but it is very great!
Thanks! There's still a long way to even achieve the 50% of the game.

this is the 1000th page

How does this only have 7 votes????

key XXD

wow this is pretty darn good!! you should finish it!

Replying to:furcutie
wow this is pretty darn good!! you should finish it!
I will. Right now I'm making some goodies so i can progress later on the renders.

10/10 would shoot again.

I want to thank all the people who showed interest on this project! I'm glad a lot of people liked even when it is incomplete. I'm going to do my best to finish the project with all the planned assets, I don't know how much time is going to take, but I hope the tricks I'm learning on Blender will speedup things a bit. And, as posted on this page, anything related to the develompent will go to its respective post on the forum: http://smilebasicsource.com/forum?fpid=19035 Any suggestion, critique and improvement, feel free to do it!

You still working on this game?

Replying to:NextChannelGames
Due to technical limitations pertaining to the project's size (upload limits), the project can't really be expanded any further. So, my guess is "No". Also, the creator is inactive.

Actually, they used actorbug’s PACK tool and so right now the file you download is only 2MB. The limit on SB3 is 4MB (I think)

I think the 2MB file size was for the first version. On the development thread, he mentioned that the project is ~4MB and decompresses to >8MB, which produces an error.