LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Source Coin

Root / Site Discussion / [.]

Mr0R305Created:
Hello, everyone. So... I need permission for something. ShadowTech and Myself alike are beginning to work on a cryptocurrency for the 3DS--SourceCoins. The reason this is under site discussion is because SourceCoins... if it works out-- will be used to obtain special items, permissions, etc. on this site. The idea is that you get SourceCoins by downloading sponsored programs, or by waiting for some to be generated for you every <certain amount of time> When you want to redeem, depending on what you want to get, will give you a 16-32 digit keycode, followed by an 8 digit conformation key code. So maybe, they could enter the code in a "redeem" tab in the site. I think this would be amazing and help the community activity. Lumage, randomous, kirby, any mod or Admin, please just let me know what you think and if this would be something you could do. Thanks, ShadowFury EDIT-- This could also be an extension of the cgame roleplay currency... you could trade SourceCoins, which is an even better proof of concept

But why would we restrict site usage behind what are basically paywalls? I don't think it's a good idea to use on the website, but I don't mind if you work on it for the 3DS. Also, because SmileBASIC is all open source, the private key used to generate the currency would also be open. Anyone could generate as many coins as they want.

But why would we restrict site usage behind what are basically paywalls? I don't think it's a good idea to use on the website, but I don't mind if you work on it for the 3DS. Also, because SmileBASIC is all open source, the private key used to generate the currency would also be open. Anyone could generate as many coins as they want.
Well, there will be super frequent updates... but then again the site would have to be updated to match that as well. Changing the encryption method and keys every day could make it possible...?

That involves us implementing said special items and permissions. It sounds kind of... easy to abuse and superfluous. The site exists as a supplement for SmileBASIC, not a gimmicky game site. Sorry.

That involves us implementing said special items and permissions. It sounds kind of... easy to abuse and superfluous. The site exists as a supplement for SmileBASIC, not a gimmicky game site. Sorry.
Understood, that makes sense. Well, I guess it will be implemented on a site that I make myself... thanks for the input, and I'll be working on that then.

Remember: even if you change the key every day, it's still probably in the same spot. Once people find it in the code or in some file, they'll just keep finding it. And even if you move it around, there's always the search feature.

Remember: even if you change the key every day, it's still probably in the same spot. Once people find it in the code or in some file, they'll just keep finding it. And even if you move it around, there's always the search feature.
Thanks, I'll try to encrypt it as best as possible. If someone somehow hacks into it via source code for malicious purposes, they will just ruin it for themselves. I'm thinking the encryption method will be Number>Characters>(And then here the text would be distorted according to a specified formula which is constantly changed) and then the decryption method will work in reverse. Back to work! :)

Thanks, I'll try to encrypt it as best as possible. If someone somehow hacks into it via source code for malicious purposes, they will just ruin it for themselves. I'm thinking the encryption method will be Number>Characters>(And then here the text would be distorted according to a specified formula which is constantly changed) and then the decryption method will work in reverse. Back to work! :)
I'll be able to hack that easily, especially since you told it to everyone. Think of a different way, and don't share it on the site.

*facepalm* back to square one XD
I'll be able to hack that easily, especially since you told it to everyone. Think of a different way, and don't share it on the site.