LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Shadow Men

Root / Submissions / [.]

haloopdyCreated:
Download:5KSKXX8X
Version:1.0Size:1.1MB
Just a stroll through the woods. Only playable on New 3DS due to abysmal programming. It will lag horribly on an old 3DS

Instructions:

Press A to interact Press B to run Press Y to toggle your flashlight Listen closely.

Notes:

I didn't have enough time to add all the stuff I wanted, so there's barely anything. Also, it really does only work on the New 3DS. I did some terrible (horrible) programming and it will lag like crazy on an o3DS. I'm sorry. If you're getting stuck or frustrated, here are some tips (but the game is so short and easy(?) I wouldn't read these):
Spoiler-Not all the paths are connected. Sometimes you have to adventure off the path -Make sure you follow the instructions -Listen for auditory cues -If you get lost, follow the flowers -The forest gets darker as you go farther back. Tackle the back first, then work your way up.

while yes its slow on o3ds the (I think) b button that let's you go faster does a great job of making up for the speed loss because of sloeness, the first weird dude really scared me, like a lot. Though I olny just started playing so I don't really know what happening yet

featuring the same flora style from village lol

Replying to:Yolkai
featuring the same flora style from village lol
Ah yeah, the flowers in that screenshot are basically the same. But there are much nicer flowers too, and I'd say the trees are an improvement (I hope)

Replying to:SwanBot
while yes its slow on o3ds the (I think) b button that let's you go faster does a great job of making up for the speed loss because of sloeness, the first weird dude really scared me, like a lot. Though I olny just started playing so I don't really know what happening yet
Ah glad it got at least one scare on you.

wuht, why did you remove it?

I want to know

It's pretty lame; I asked some other people to play it and they confirmed what I thought were severe problems. I'm going to fix it up, probably make it work on the o3DS, then put it back up. I just wanted it out before Halloween, but it didn't matter anyway.

Gosh it's been three years. Goooossshhhh. I know this is far too late for anybody to play, but I needed some closure. In "respect" for the original, this is essentially the game as it was released for Halloween three years ago, with the AI tweaked to at least make it a LITTLE more enjoyable. As much as I wanted to, there are no changes to dialogue, sprites, anything. If anybody DOES play, I hope you have fun! Don't expect a lot!

Replying to:haloopdy
Gosh it's been three years. Goooossshhhh. I know this is far too late for anybody to play, but I needed some closure. In "respect" for the original, this is essentially the game as it was released for Halloween three years ago, with the AI tweaked to at least make it a LITTLE more enjoyable. As much as I wanted to, there are no changes to dialogue, sprites, anything. If anybody DOES play, I hope you have fun! Don't expect a lot!
Oh now I have to try this

oh now i have to try this^2

lol hope you like it! or that it's at least not annoying!

Wtf... I never remember you ever releasing this lol I just remember playing the little demo you released in chat or something and thinking "that's cool"

It’s pretty cool. I’ve only played it a bit, though, because I’m really getting chills from the title and darkness lol Great spooky game!

Aw thank you!

Replying to:Midnight
Wtf... I never remember you ever releasing this lol I just remember playing the little demo you released in chat or something and thinking "that's cool"
Ah yeah I only just did a few days ago! It's basically the same exact thing, I just tweaked the stuff people had issues with. I was originally going to add all this neat stuff but after all these years, I figure just releasing SOMETHING is good for my conscience lol