LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Ringman

Root / Submissions / [.]

amihartCreated:
Download:4324AXLD
Version:Size:520 KB
This is my first attempt at a 3D game with both 3D graphics and the 3D effect. Ringman is a game where you fly a ship through yellow rings and avoid red rings. You can boost and brake as well. Just keep going until you die. It runs on the new 3DS perfectly but rather slow on the old 3DS. Both 3D effect on and off are framelocked at 30 FPS on the new 3DS but on the old 3DS it only gets about 21 FPS without the 3D effect and 9 FPS with the 3D effect. Update log: [1] It now can run on the original 3DS as well. The 3D effect is disabled by default on the original 3DS but if you really want it you can enable it with the Y button. I am still working to make it more efficient so you can have the 3D effect on. [2] Even better performance. You can now toggle the 3D effect with the Y button. I also fixed the lower screen so it isn't filled with black lines. [3] Added a framerate cap at 30 FPS and made the FPS counter much easier to read. [4] Gyroscope controls and fixed a bug where your ship could do 180s. [5] Better performance when the 3D is off for the original 3DS.

Instructions:

Just run the ".RUNME" file. There is a "HELP" option in the menu for further instructions.

Wow! This is amazing!

Replying to:ElzoBro
Wow! This is amazing!
Thank yous! ^^

This is great! I wish I even started to understand how 3D graphics even... I'm just stupid.

Replying to:Guzzler
This is great! I wish I even started to understand how 3D graphics even... I'm just stupid.
Making a 3D rasterizer really isn't that hard. Making an efficient 3D rasterizer is pretty hard. There's a tutorial online called "Absolute Basics - Simple 3D Engine" that goes into detail on this, however the one he produces is incredibly inefficient so you will need to go deeper to make it more efficient.

Okay. I'll check it out.

Hi amihart I finally had a chance to download this. Very nicely done... and I really appreciate how clean your code is. Thanks for taking the time to build these 3D libraries. Oh - and the game is fun too (once I figured out how to turn on the gyroscope option - duh). I am running on an old 3DS and getting 14 FPS without the special 3D effect.

Replying to:cujo1992
Hi amihart I finally had a chance to download this. Very nicely done... and I really appreciate how clean your code is. Thanks for taking the time to build these 3D libraries. Oh - and the game is fun too (once I figured out how to turn on the gyroscope option - duh). I am running on an old 3DS and getting 14 FPS without the special 3D effect.
Thanks. Is my code really that clean? I thought it was pretty messy tbh. x) Sorry the game is getting 14 FPS on the old 3DS, I've done a lot of optimization but it still needs a lot more to get it running at 30 FPS. It runs at 30 FPS with the special 3D effect on the new 3DS.

Well that's just too bad. I didn't learn much... I'll just have to watch the videos again(he goes a little fast so I can't see what he's doing all the time).

This was pretty cool :) How did you get the audio at the beginning ?

Replying to:TomANator
This was pretty cool :) How did you get the audio at the beginning ?