LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Realm Development Thread

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

the_squat1115Created:
A little update for you guys! Added some sprites to the SP.GRP (used to make sprites there) file and improved the map! Here is a showcase on a GIF: And a GIF for the sprites: Hope we can get even far!
A. Is there anything else you need from me currently B. How were you able to compile the title into the other grp? C. I know you just started coding the character's movements, but I would suggest using the different sprites for animation, as it is kinda awkward to watch him just stand there while moving at the same time But at the same time if you just started that's a good start
I used GPAGE and GCOPY. Also, I haven't implemented the other sprite animations cuz idk, but I've implemented their DEFs.
Yea I tried it using sprite characters but the thing is, with the placement of the main character, it thinks the sprite characters for those sprites are 32 bit sprites instead of 16 bit, so I couldn't individually pick them. So your going to have to move him to a different spot on the sprite set, and even after that, copy his walking animation backwards because the odds are where ever you place him it still won't count.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. The only way I'm helping with this is by throwing out ideas and also boss sprites or something. I don't have the time to dedicate to being a creative director, due to online school and my life. I'm sorry, but I will throw out ideas that I have to help make things interesting.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand me. The only way I'm helping with this is by throwing out ideas and also boss sprites or something. I don't have the time to dedicate to being a creative director, due to online school and my life. I'm sorry, but I will throw out ideas that I have to help make things interesting.
Ok, we all at the development team know that these are the problems we are sometimes fighting against. I will edit the page immediately.

Alright I made one robotic boi onto the next guy

Great one! Good job.

Great one! Good job.
Thanks

so I made a demon and a zombie as well. I know it is generic, but I never said what I'd made would be original.

I have an idea for the battle system! I've been playing a (kinda) old RPG called Valkyrie Profile and, I said myself, "Well, if the battles here are wild and epic, why not add that style of battle system to Realm?" I think it should be a great addition to the game, I don't know. Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-tDQ4hdb0

It's the sort of battle system I would expect from the average RPG I don't know how I feel about it though...

It's the sort of battle system I would expect from the average RPG I don't know how I feel about it though...
Hmmm... But the thing IS... Is that possible on SB3?

If you're trying to mimick the battle animation stuff, you can definitely do that. You can probably do some fun 3D perspective stuff to make it look really good. The hard part is getting that working though.

If you're trying to mimick the battle animation stuff, you can definitely do that. You can probably do some fun 3D perspective stuff to make it look really good. The hard part is getting that working though.
Well, making the battle animations isn't hard if you are good AND you like to make sprites. About getting it to work... Yea, you're right. But imagine it running pretty smoothly! It will be such a great feat to myself. I would also recommend to play Valkyrie Profile if you like SQUARE ENIX's games.
somethingThis is kinda good, Record. ;)

Ok cool

NEWS: Well, I can make more variations of the realms of the game (thats why the game is called Realm), the game is supposed to have multiple lands and dimensions, but I want you to give me feedback so I can make the game as much enjoyable as possible. [poll=p709][/poll] Why anyone is voting? The poll is going to close!
——THE RESULTS—— Won: Iceland, Darkness Void and Lands of Corruption. A next poll wave will be released soon!

NEWS: Well, I can make more variations of the realms of the game (thats why the game is called Realm), the game is supposed to have multiple lands and dimensions, but I want you to give me feedback so I can make the game as much enjoyable as possible. [poll=p709][/poll] Why anyone is voting? The poll is going to close!
——THE RESULTS—— Won: Iceland, Darkness Void and Lands of Corruption. A next poll wave will be released soon!
Oh so only three realms?

Oh so only three realms?
A next poll wave will be released soon!
There will be more. Just wait.

NEWS: [poll=p717][/poll] Wave 2 poll is here, guys! Feel free to vote for any of the realms on the poll above this text. Many waves are coming soon!

NEWS: [poll=p717][/poll] Wave 2 poll is here, guys! Feel free to vote for any of the realms on the poll above this text. Many waves are coming soon!
Poll closed! Winners of the poll: Null Reverie (Hard-mode only), Celestial Gate, Haunted Mines and Mythical Caverns. New poll coming soon! (Im dry out of ideas for the game so a creative director will go well for development...)

Huh. Well I mean I can't help without my 3DS to test and express more creativity at the moment so sorry, I guess? Eh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huh. Well I mean I can't help without my 3DS to test and express more creativity at the moment so sorry, I guess? Eh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wait what happened to your 3DS???