LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

[POLL] What project should I do next? [FINISHED]

Root / General / [.]

🔒
MasterR3C0RDCreated:
Alright, so I'm starting to realize I have too many programs and software on my back, and it's really starting to cause me stress. I'm starting to stop listening to (site) authority and starting to act like an ass (on the chat). Obviously, this means I have to prioritize my projects, and reduce some stress. Let me give you guys a list of my projects from old to new, with some info and a summary and such, and I want to know, what project do you think I should direct my attention to?
  • *BYTES Announced: Yes [http://smilebasicsource.com/forum?ftid=649] (Outdated) Collaborators: RaichuBender Platform: SmileBASIC, HTML5 *BYTES started as SmileBYTES, a virtual machine inside SB that would run custom machine code, and has since evolved into *BYTES, an in-development series of virtual machines which would be similar in a few ways, but also different in others.
  • Vexage Announced: No Collaborators: Trinitro21, RaichuBender, Prostar Platform: HTML5, Node.JS Vexage is a planned RPG based on Streetsmash, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Glory of Heracles. It started as a small online battle program for LPP-3DS, but due to technical difficulties, has been converted to HTML5.
  • WebBASIC Announced: Sort of (mentioned in chat) Collaborators: None Platform: JavaScript WebBASIC is a planned dialect of BASIC that will compile to JavaScript. It will not be compatible with SmileBASIC entirely, but will take elements from it.
  • chatJS Plugin System Announced: Yes [http://smilebasicsource.com/forum?ftid=807] Collaborators: Trinitro21, slackerSnail, plugin developers Platform: HTML5 (chatJS), Node.JS (Butler) The chatJS Plugin System is an in-beta subsystem for running special plugins for the chatJS feature added a month or so back. It adds multiple extras, like Global Storage and API loading, to make plugin development easier.
  • STIC Announced: Sort of (mentioned in chat) Collaborators: Trinitro21 Platform: HTML5, Node.JS STIC (ShadowCX11 and Trinitro21's Incredible Chat) started off as two projects: Chat-R, an earlier endevour by me, and TIC (orig. Totally Insecure Chat, then Trinitro21's Incredible Chat). It uses Socket.IO and a multitude of Node.JS APIs to add a simple module API for developers.
  • BrainCompile 2 Announced: No Collaborators: A bit of help from IAmAPersson Platform: Node.JS BrainCompile 2 is a BrainF**k compiler. It compiles vanilla BF and pbrain to JavaScript (specifically, Node.JS), giving much faster speeds then interpretation on the same platform. You know it's good when it beats another interpreter in C#!
  • ShadowBender Announced: No Collaborators: RaichuBender Platform: Many, including SB ShadowBender is an upcoming 2D, top-down game engine for an in-development game. No more details at this moment, but this is definitely a project to watch.
Now, let's see what you guys think: [poll=p24][/poll]

Been hoping for SmileBYTEs since it was announced. So, I'd go with either that or ShadowBender, since that sounds neat.

Alright, so after some feedback, I'm seeing that ShadowBender and SmileBYTES are the most popular options (I voted for Vexage out of randomness). Let's go! [poll=p25][/poll] Also, isn't it suspicious that the latest/oldest projects are most popular, and that they both have RaichuBender as my collaborator? Hmmm... EDIT: Also, both projects have SB as initials. I swear this isn't on purpose!