The download link on your website (for PetitMovieCreator) leads to a 404 page. On a side note I love the font being used! The quality (specifically the framerate) this player is able to run at is incredible! It looks way higher than 15FPS. Not only that but the audio is surprisingly crisp, even after compression and being played through the 3DS's tiny speakers!
Root / Submissions / [.]
Movie Player for SmileBASIC resolution: 80x48 color: rgb444(4096) frame rate: 15fps sound: 16384Hz 2bit ADPCM, 16bit DA with DLC, 8bit DA without DLC. data size limit: infinite
Woah what WOW , this is amazing!! I'm sure people will be able to do a bunch of stuff with this! Hopefully we see people take advantage of it soon! Thanks!
Petit Movie Maker SB - you never asked for it... Literally trailers coming as a standard with most games okay sorry got too ambitious there reminds me of smilenet
Is there a maximum amount of time this can play for? Like if you create a 20 minute movie and try to put it into this...would it work?
Not exactly (assuming you mean RAM) As long as you can hold it on your SD card, you can play it, since the video is divided into chunks.
I accidentally spent hours trying to get a custom video to work, but I was so stupid and didn't realize the instructions are on the japanese version of the site. Here's the instructions, Google Translated: -- How to use -- > Preparing movie files < 1. Prepare a movie file you want to play with Petit Com. 2. Convert video to 15 FPS with appropriate software. 3. Audio is stored at 48 kHz with a monaural WAV. 4. Save the movie as a BMP file. The file name should be in the form of "filename _ 0000.bmp" and put it in one folder. > conversion < 1. Select one of the BMP files by pressing the button to the right of "BMPs 15 fps ..." of PetitMovieCreator. 2. Press the button to the right of "RIFF WAV File 16384/48000 Hz BMPs 15 fps ..." of PetitMovieCreator and select the audio WAV file. 3. Press the button to the right of "Movie Output Directory" of PetitMovieCreator and select the save destination folder. 4. Title, SubTitle, Author. 5. Put the file name prefix in FileName. The created file has the form "xxxxx000.PMV". 6. In DialogMessage, enter the message displayed in dialog before playing. When it is empty, nothing is displayed. 7. Press the "Create Movie File" button. 8. wait. I will do my best for every "xxxxx000.PMV" file transferred and sent to PetitCon. Be in the same folder Playback. Execute PMP and select the PMV file that you sent. -- other noteworthy things --
- Besides BMP, it may be possible to read it even with PNG or JPEG.
- If the size of the image file is not 80 x 48, it scales to 80 x 48 while maintaining the aspect ratio. The remaining part is painted black.
- Sound is sampled at 16384 Hz or 48 000 Hz, unless it is monaural, it can not be read.
- WAV files with extended data can not be read. Please fix with appropriate software. (check https://smilebasicsource.com/page?pid=339 to see how to fix WAVs)
- Increasing the file split size will reduce the number of files, but the total capacity will not change. Delay occurs with no mark and no mark 3DS. Approximately 256 kiB is optimum.
- If the file is large or there is a delay, it will be fine to check "Reduce Color".
- Low resolution, With new3DS and PetitCon BIG it gets even faster so you should be able to raise the resolution but because the file size gets bigger I can not do it.
- Sound quality is bad. Sound quality is low because it is 16 bit → 2 bit ADPCM → 8 bit playback. If you can use advanced sound unit it should be somewhat better.