LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Mega Man X3 3DO/Saturn/PlayStation 1 Port to SB?

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

the_squat1115Created:
Hi, it's been a while whitout posting threads here, but just asking, is it possible to make a Mega Man X3 (3DO/Saturn/PlayStation 1 version) port to SB? Here is an example of the gameplay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbdHfAhZy3Q Is it possible to port the complete game (included cutscenes) to SB? Thanks.

Hi, it's been a while whitout posting threads here, but just asking, is it possible to make a Mega Man X3 (3DO/Saturn/PlayStation 1 version) port to SB? Here is an example of the gameplay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbdHfAhZy3Q Is it possible to port the complete game (included cutscenes) to SB? Thanks.
Short answer: not entirely. Long answer: Definitely not the cutscenes, unless you're okay with butchering them to all hell (see PetitMovie). With the graphics, you would need to do some trickery. They probably won't all fit on one graphics page, so you'd either need to make several GRPs or use a graphics compression method like GPK (personally, I would use the latter to save space for uploading). With the music, you'll probably be better off covering the SNES versions of the music, the remastered tracks seem way too complicated for SB MML. As for the actual game, it should be possible. Don't see why not.

Short answer: not entirely. Long answer: Definitely not the cutscenes, unless you're okay with butchering them to all hell (see PetitMovie). With the graphics, you would need to do some trickery. They probably won't all fit on one graphics page, so you'd either need to make several GRPs or use a graphics compression method like GPK (personally, I would use the latter to save space for uploading). With the music, you'll probably be better off covering the SNES versions of the music, the remastered tracks seem way too complicated for SB MML. As for the actual game, it should be possible. Don't see why not.
Well, thanks! Also, I could record the music with ATubeCatcher on a 8-bit unsigned PCM WAV and convert them with that WAV2SBWAV tool from Perska

Well, thanks! Also, I could record the music with ATubeCatcher on a 8-bit unsigned PCM wav and convert them with that WAV2SBWAV tool from Perska
I don't think it would be ideal to have a WAV player in the game's loop, because that could slow it down tremendously. Better to just try to make some MML. Litterbox can help you out with this.

Well, thanks! Also, I could record the music with ATubeCatcher on a 8-bit unsigned PCM wav and convert them with that WAV2SBWAV tool from Perska
I don't think it would be ideal to have a WAV player in the game's loop, because that could slow it down tremendously. Better to just try to make some MML. Litterbox can help you out with this.
Well, I suck at making MML.