LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Magic Story FULL version (trans)

Root / Submissions / [.]

LohadLCreated:
Download:43Y5BEH3
Version:1.2.0(full)Size:~10 MB?
The grandest, largest RPG adventure on SmileBasic yet is finally available in its full glory, and in English! Rukaka's the original creator and I am the localizer. Magic Story, inspired by Compile's Madou Monogatari circa 1989 ("Puyo Puyo" came from there), is a dungeon crawl RPG. You will control two teams of teenager student mages in a monster-filled maze called Labrys. What's lurking in the deep bowels of the treacherous labyrinth? What destinies await each character? Are you able to beat the foul boss(es)? And WHAT IS A TALKING DOG DOING IN THE GAME?! Find out now!

Instructions:

Various instructions will be introduced in game. Press Y to switch between parties. Hold A then press B to set flags. Use D-pad to navigate the maze. Touch and C-pad not used.

Notes:

Rukaka is the original creator while LohadL is the English translator ----------------------------- Nov 27, 2018 edit: There are 5 known text display bugs so far. No plans for a key update, but if you want to fix them here they are: 1. Open LIBRARY, find COMMON DEF PRTMES102, change TXTNO=319 within to TXTNO=2314 2. Open EVENT1, find TXTNO=3959:FRMY=3 and change to TXTNO=3959:FRMY=4 3. Same file, find TXTNO=3962:FRMY=3 and change to TXTNO=3962:FRMY=4 4. Same, find TXTNO=3966:INC FRMY and change to TXTNO=3966:INC FRMY,2 5. Same, find TXTNO=3968:INC FRMY and change to TXTNO=3968:INC FRMY,2

Great game, definitly the most story driven that I've seen! People should check it out.

This is one of the games featured on Siliconera. Thank you Jenni! But my name starts with another letter! (L, not i.) http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/08/nintendo-3ds-smilebasic-already-getting-intricate-games/ Author Rukaka made a lot of progress too, he's built the 7th floor and added more in-game events/enemies. The original Madou ends at floor 10 so that's what I'd expect. The next release has not been announced but stay tuned -- and play this if you haven't already!

This is fantastic.

This game is great I can't wait till it is finished

Version 1.0.3 is now out in Japan check out the creator rukaca's mivers page. And this also exists 4343a4db

Replying to:Thunderring
Version 1.0.3 is now out in Japan check out the creator rukaca's mivers page. And this also exists 4343a4db
Link?

Replying to:Thunderring
I don't know how to give you the link Because i only access it on my Ds so here's the key 4KEXD4GD

This has cute art

English TL Progress: 63% It's mostly having to translate 4000 text blocks and making sure the word order is swapped correctly that is consuming time. I'm in the 2500s now.

Replying to:LohadL
English TL Progress: 63% It's mostly having to translate 4000 text blocks and making sure the word order is swapped correctly that is consuming time. I'm in the 2500s now.
Are you translating it by hand, string by string, or are you using some sort of tool you've made. I'm just asking out of curiosity.

The full Eng version is finally here. It's been 19 months too long, whew what a journey! To Nate, a friend made me a string converter so if I input #Magic story!=, it spits out DATA 43,1,7,9,3,0,19,20,15,18,25,27,9999 for me. Still no easy feat to finish this though. I suggested a certain post-game content and Rukaka made it happen - it's in there.

This is very impressive.

I'm stuck on a part of this. Can someone make a walkthrough? This game is very impressive and complex, especially with its puzzles!

Replying to:HTV04
I'm stuck on a part of this. Can someone make a walkthrough? This game is very impressive and complex, especially with its puzzles!
There will be a hint signboard around, or a merchant will tell you a tip near each puzzle. I'm not even sure how many people are playing this, but I'll be glad to give you a hint myself if you spoiler tag where you're stuck.

my current progressLily is currently at Labrys3F, currently stepping on the pressure plate. Meryl and Vera are at Labrys1F, and there's a barrier preventing me from progressing in both areas. Is there any way to solve these puzzles?

I'm at work now and my memory may be wrong, but
SpoilerLily should go back to 1F and help Meryl's party. There should be a barrier deactivation button she can press

SpoilerWhere? I looked in multiple places. Can you share a screenshot?

If you're saying "Meryl's party is stuck on 1F because of a barrier", then Lily probably didn't explore 1F thoroughly. My hint will be "ALWAYS try to reveal each square on the map". Most of the time both parties can (and should) be on the same floor, to help each other solve puzzles.
Spoiler

Thank you! I can't believe I didn't notice that at first! I tried the "look eveywhere" thing, but I guess I just missed it on the map.

ive never played this.. should i..?