LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

I finally released a platformer

Root / Talk About Programs / [.]

VakoreCreated:
After hours of toil and torment with my stylus and 2ds, I have finally coded a platformer in smilebasic. I planned for it to be bigger, but I didnt realize how long it takes to program on a ds. I now know a good chunk of the functions though, so if I decide to make something half-decent, I'll know what I'll be forced to go through. It's called Slimeguy, the character might look familiar. https://smilebasicsource.com/page?pid=1430 KEY: 81dyx3n4

Not bad. Maybe a little... too.. frustrating, but not bad. One thing I tend to do with my platformers is set a variable to "about 3, depending on what feels right" whenever the player's on the floor, reduce it when they're not on the floor, and allow the player to jump if variable>0, rather than if they're on the floor. This gives the player a few frames to make a jump, ever so slightly AFTER they've left the ledge of a platform during a run+jump scenario. Sure, it doesn't make a whole lot of "Real world physics" sense, but then neither does DoubleJump, and hundreds of games have that!

I'm aware of cayote time(I actually am working on a game in javascript that I've implemented it in), I just forgot too since I was trying to figure everything else out. EDIT turns out I did implement cayote time. It's hard to tell since it's just 2 frames of it.

LOL! Evil game ;)