LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Colors in resized avatars are distorted.

Root / Site Discussion / [.]

12Me21Created:
For a while, I've noticed that avatars had slightly different colors from the original file (the most noticeable change is that dark blue is turned into purple) I finally did a test, and proved that this happens when the image is resized. I uploaded a 1x1 pixel avatar that was blue (0,0,255) and the resized versions ended up purple (78,0,254).

For a while, I've noticed that avatars had slightly different colors from the original file (the most noticeable change is that dark blue is turned into purple) I finally did a test, and proved that this happens when the image is resized. I uploaded a 1x1 pixel avatar that was blue (0,0,255) and the resized versions ended up purple (78,0,254).
Question: is your current avatar a problem? Because I just downloaded both the resized version and the original version and they are both pure blue. I'm using whatever algorithm that php supplies for making thumbnails. I really don't want to write my own.

Do you by any chance have the original version of this? http://smilebasicsource.com/user_uploads/avatars/t1469559413.png I remember that when I uploaded it, it was just faded.. But in chat and stuff it was very dark I think and I didn't understand why. > Stuff become dark. > Blue is like purple when darkened?

Do you by any chance have the original version of this? http://smilebasicsource.com/user_uploads/avatars/t1469559413.png I remember that when I uploaded it, it was just faded.. But in chat and stuff it was very dark I think and I didn't understand why. > Stuff become dark. > Blue is like purple when darkened?
I don't have the original, sorry. All originals are deleted when a new avatar is uploaded.

I'll try and make it again when I get to my computer.. Then you might see what I was talking about.

We've figured out that it's a problem with firefox (and possibly other browsers)

At some time in chat, I believe I told you a method I believed that could be used to replicate the occurrence when I noticed it. If you're able and willing to, please retrieve what I had said the method was, randomouscrap. I, myself, have forgotten it...