LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

An interactive tutorial game?

Root / General / [.]

butterygoodnessCreated:
Was wondering if anyone thought of this, I'm definitely not qualified to do it but I'd love to have something like this available. Maybe it teaches you different game formats (like a zelda style game, a side scroller, an RPG, etc). tbh even with youtube tutorials and looking at the sample codes I am nowhere near ready to make anything besides making the word "BUTT" pop up

And no im not suggesting this just for myself, I think this would help a ton of people

I wanted to make a tutorial to start coding a game(Like making the game loop, set multiple screen, handle multiple entities, handle the map, etc) but I haven't got the time to write something. What you should look is an algorithm to handle those case. For example, in a zelda game you should store an array of tiles and the entities that will live on that map. The transition between maps could be detected using a sprites that could be located on the boundaries of the map. You should start by using a framework to set up your project(N# or lowerdash) because games like zelda or an RPG are complicated and those frameworks let you organize your code in different modules and use Object oriented programming.