Root / Talk About Programs / [.]
So a quick update:
- So I have the inventory system working great right now. You can move stuff around, and there's even an inventory bar working. Disclaimer: I kind of stole the inventory system from Celestrium, but only to pretty much rewrite it so that it's compatible with Wonderflonium. And to do that, I had to rewrite almost the entire thing; the only thing I didn't rewrite was the UI, and even then I modified it.
- I have a system laid out for using items. Right now you can swing a pickaxe, and it breaks blocks now! Other items aren't added yet, but that's not a problem because the system is already there and I just need to set sprites and stats.
- We will have a tundra biome instead of a desert
- The evil biome will be maroon
- 3 of the initial release monsters will be the slime, wolf, and real estate agent.
- In 1.1 we will have 2 space realms and a wasteland realm (I guess this is an opportunity to put a desert in)
Big news! Breaking blocks is now mostly implemented! The next thing I need to do is make trees come down all the way when you break them. Then I need to do something similar to treasure chests and other stuff when I add them. But that stuff is for later. I have made it so that you can pick up blocks that you mine. There's one specific bug that I need to fix that has to do with their Y movement when you move. Because they need to move with the world, I need to change their positions based off of how much the world has moved. But there's a bug in the Y movement that makes them move... strangely. What I will focus on after that bug is fixed is adding monsters and AI. This is gonna be fun.
Here's what I've done in the last half hour: Monsters now have a system for their movement. All you have to do is make a DEF statement in _MONSTERLIB or use one already made in the function that updates monsters. Next, I need to fix how my zombie moves on the y axis, and then I will start adding other stuff like it attacking the player and the player attacking it. This may be hard, but I don't know until I try it. I would say right now, it's probably half way to being a decent game. I just need to add some features such as crafting and chopping down trees (or destroying blocks bigger than 1 block.) I also want to add a background layer so that your houses can have a background, like in Terraria. And after that, I will add the first boss.
So now you can kill the monster. I have things like damage and knockback implememted, and the next thing to do regarding monsters it having them attack the player. This won't be hard for monsters like the zombie, where it's just ram damage, but for ranged monsters I need to add a projectile system. I also need to do this for ranged and magic weapons. I need to add a second cursor mode like in Terraria, so that you can precisely find a block to mine/place. I also need to make it so that you can place blocks. This won't be super hard, but it won't be easy either. After I do that stuff, I just need to add some monsters and a boss before the pre-release is out. Then I can add a ton of monsters and a few bosses while fixing bugs for the first full build. I really can't wait until I can get this out!
I have added a second cursor mode :) I also thought of more stuff I need to do, but this is getting really close. I need to add a crafting menu and more blocks such as crafting stations of sorts. I also need to make hammers, axes, and the background layer of the world a thing. I have axes mostly added, but they aren't very good at cutting down trees yet.
Am I not allowed to be up past midnight? Also please keep comments completely on the topic of anything directly related to Wonderflonium. I don't want my dev thread locked.What if I released this the day Terraria 1.4 comes out? That probably won't happen, but if I get it done on time and also not have so much time that I'm bored, maybe. But again, probably not.that would be cool also why are you up this late