LoginLogin
Nintendo shutting down 3DS + Wii U online services, see our post

Metroidvania Project

Root / Programming Questions / [.]

randoCreated:
That's cool. I already have a working map system. If there is a problem with it, I would change the map system. If that doesn't work, we could try yours. But for now, I'm impressed at what I've already done mapwise. Also, for animated backgrounds, I probably won't use them too much, but when I do I will look into palette swapping. Help with my muusics would be nice, I might make some and you can help. I actually may use a couple of RWIIUGs muusics, but not a whole lot. Some fit the theme a little bit; most don't though (at least for what I'm trying to do.) If you want to have an idea of the music style, I'm going for a shovel knight sort of style in the music (their muuuuuusics are so good.) For the intro, it would be something mysterious like The Forlorn Sanctum (Shovel Knight still). That's about all I can say about muusic style. I am going for a mysterious approach in the overall style, but will probably deviate from that on occasion.

AANNNDDDD debug menu :>

And now I have automatic screen scrolling for bigger rooms working. This is one of my more exciting achievements. I'm gonna like post every little bug fix here lol

So what types of monsters do you want? Post a list or something to tell me. If you need inspiration, try to base it off of an element (like earth, air, etc.) or a movement pattern of some sort. And boss poll: [poll=p613][/poll] You can suggest bosses as a post, as well.
Idea: Secret Final Boss: Interdimensional Monster who wants to destroy all of the universes, If you defeat it, then you will get 3 characters (Mega Man, Sonic and Miku Hatsune) Also, difficulty will be extremely difficult

If you defeat it, then you will get 3 characters (Mega Man, Sonic and Miku Hatsune)
Uh probably not I like the secret boss idea though.

mincruft boss creper (im joking

If you defeat it, then you will get 3 characters (Mega Man, Sonic and Miku Hatsune)
Uh probably not I like the secret boss idea though.
Ok, I'll be making the concept of the boss right now.

I don't like the idea of having multiple playable characters for this, it kind of makes story plot stuff weird. Like Joseph needs to fight the evil badguys because he's the only one with the stuff. But oh no! He gave the stuff to Charles, someone from a totally different universe. It just doesn't make much sense plotwise. I also don't like taking characters from other games iyhn. I do enjoy this only if the games are in the same universe and it makes sense plotwise, but otherwise it's not happening. Just letting everyone know for reference. Also, what do you mean by "making a concept?"

I don't like the idea of having multiple playable characters for this, it kind of makes story plot stuff weird. Like Joseph needs to fight the evil badguys because he's the only one with the stuff. But oh no! He gave the stuff to Charles, someone from a totally different universe. It just doesn't make much sense plotwise. I also don't like taking characters from other games iyhn. I do enjoy this only if the games are in the same universe and it makes sense plotwise, but otherwise it's not happening. Just letting everyone know for reference. Also, what do you mean by "making a concept?"
I mean the concept for the secret final boss

Anyway, I am making muusics for the intro, and then it will be released after I make maps.

Now made X axis leveling

muusics

muusics
Yes mo͞osics

I hate MML. I had a super cool tune in my head for a cutscene-like song and then phoosh it was gone aaaaa

Well, I feel like I've pretty much mastered it for now. I find it quite useful.

Whats the source code?

Whoa I totally forgot about this. I might still have code on my old SD card, but I’m planning on a total rewrite. Also, I’m making a new project called Wonderflonium which the main game will be like Terraria, but most of the project will pretty much be a game engine for 2D games (a recent idea I had, which started out as “modding capabilities” and evolved from there). I might try to revive this with Wonderflonium. (Also, the full version of Wonderflonium will be on the Switch. I’m considering releasing a 3DS version, but it won’t be as good due to the 3DS’s limited capabilities compared to the Switch.) In other words, I might be able to give you the source code if it is still on my old SD card, which I cannot guaranty, and even if it is there it’s probably not amazing. If you give me some time (anywhere from a month to 18 months lol) then I might have a better version. But for now, I don’t :/