Plane old glitchy, but other than that nice
the game's plotAfter Deanna is defeated in the (supposed) 8th tournament, the master of rage, Shinko, declared the whereabouts of fellow fighters Sanic and Bizarre, until (briefly) raging about Imitator. Soon, Shinko re-takes the training test. He defeats the Air Cyborg Helper and does everything what Trainer wanted. However, the training enemy sends Shinko to the Vortex, where he defeated Dark Slicer. Meanwhile in Corruption Dragon's Lair, Corruption Dragon rushed at Bizarre calling him a "liar", and defeated him with all of his power. Eventually, Flag (From 3D Parkour) is seen exiting out of its prequel level from said game and runs after the Tournament. Unfortunately for Flag, the Bloodstreams Battles scientist does some research on it, soon to be revealed as an intruder. The scientist sends Policeman after Flag, where he met his defeat by Flag. Later, Dot Racer Guy defeated Alien Face. In the Pit, remarking the same events from the last tournament, Mjus defeats Nojus in the Pit. Later, in Hakase's Office, we see Hakase working on his game, soon to be interrupted by a door noise. It was revealed to be an intruder, so Hakase defeats him. In Kakutou's stage, he defeats another Kakutou. Later, Happy Face is roaming down Hapeville until Super Tac suddenly attacked, bursting Hapeville to flames. Depending on the team, either Happy Face or Super Tac wins. Sooner, when Cyborg Ninja was seen wandering on the Pit, he is suddenly knocked down by a malfunctioning Cyborg Helper, whom he defeats. Meanwhile in Sbaitso's Lab, an intruder breaks in. Sbaitso later defeats the intruder. In the last stages, Shinko is revealed to be missing. Mighty eventually breaks free by entering the unknown portal to The Vortex, where he defeats Lion, finds, and rescues Shinko. After being saved, Shinko and Mighty work together to defeat Imitator, Dolfy and finally Corruption Dragon.
Instruction GuideControls New to the game? Not sure how to play the game? We can teach you how to use the controls without using the story mode.
- Up/Down: Navigate menu
- A: Perform Action
- B (While in one of the menus): Return to the title screen
- Left/Right: Navigate any fighters available
- A: Enter stage select
- B: Return to the title screen
- X: Bring up a list of your custom fighters (only if you have one or more custom fighters available)
- Y: Bring up a list of that fighter's costume list
- Up: Enable/disable player 2
- Down: Enable/disable player 1
- L: Disable player 1 (below V1.3)
- R: Disable player 2 (below V1.3)
IN COMBATPretty much well-described in the first chapter on story mode, but not much were detailed, so this is just for those who want the FULL control list.
- Left/Right: Move
- Up: Jump
- Down: Duck
- A: P1 punch
- B: P2 punch
- A+Down: P1 uppercut (tip: If you want to fight the hidden fighter Reptile, press L immediately after the flying animation.)
- B+Down: P2 uppercut (the same trick mentioned above also works for P2, but you have to press R instead to face Reptile.)
- X: P2 special
- Y: P1 special
- L (while at Danger): Desperation Move
- L+Left: Defend (non-Ninja Battle fighters only)
- Touch screen: Pause the game (bonus: Closing your Nintendo 3DS system or going to the Home screen and immediately back, will unpause the game automatically, This feature is known as "Quick Resume".)
- Microphone: Blow or yell into it to immediately do your Microphone Attack. (Doesn't work on story mode)
EVERY SPECIAL MOVE LIST
- Y: Open Fire
- Y: Charge
Nojus Blood Hunter
- Left+Y: Pull sword
Dot Racer GuyPLEASE NOTE: Only for Missing Information and The Final Update.
- Y: Dot Racer
Hakase and Dr. Sbaitso
- Y: Bust (only works on Hakase's Office for Hakase and Dr. Sbaitso's Lab for Dr. Sbaitso)
Cyborg NinjaHe has a TON of them...but he loses a couple of them in his retro BB3DS outfit.
- Y: Freeze Ball (Default outfit only)
- Left+Y: Pull sword
- Right+Y: Drag-Over (Default outfit only)
- Down+Y: Fly
- L+Down: Drill Kick
- L+R: Shield Orb
Marvin Heemeyer(DLC character from Wave 1)
- Y: Rage
White Ninja(DLC character from Wave 1)
- Y: Fireball
Vandalizer(DLC character from Wave 2)
- Y: Game Boy-ified Open Fire
Sangoh(DLC character from Wave 3)
- Y: Select Power Up
Mayu(DLC character from Wave 3)
- Left+Y: Use Golden Axe
DARK SLICERThe false form of Slicer can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 5 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat him in Chapter 2: Revengeance.
CORRPUTION DRAGONThe returning antagonist can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 10 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat Bizarre in Chapter 3: Corrupted Ways.
FLAGThe protagonist of another game, 3D Parkour, can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 15 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat Policeman in Chapter 4: After Flag Got In.
DOT RACER GUYThe protagonist of Dot Racer can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 20 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat Alien Face in Chapter 5: Takedown.
HAKASEHakase the Doctor can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 25 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat the intruder in Chapter 7: Office Invasion.
KAKUTOUThe sample fighter can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 30 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat him in Chapter 8: Cloning Machine.
CYBORG NINJAThe cheating ninja from the Ninja Battle series can be unlocked with three ways (which is pretty cool).
- Method 1: Fight 35 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat the Cyborg Helper in Chapter 10: Cyborg Ninja Found.
- Method 3: Defeat an opponent in the Pit arena and quickly do another round to encounter him.
DR. SBAITSOThe artificial intelligence speech synthesis program released in May 25, 1990 by Creative Labs for MS DOS-based personal computers can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 40 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat the intruder in Chapter 11: In Sbaitso's Lab.
MIGHTYThe Africa hunter can be unlocked with two ways.
- Method 1: Fight 45 times in a row.
- Method 2: Defeat Lion in Chapter 12: Saving Shinko.
VERSION HISTORYVersion 1.3 / The Final Update (?)
- Bug fixes
- Custom fighters can now use recordings of your own for death, or be resized
- A new edition, Zero Hour Ultimate, packaged in a hidden DLC pack that can be accessed by having the PCM Sampling DLC
- Redesigned the VS Screen and Continue prompt to match the Switch port
- Custom stages can now use GRPs, for those who have designed their own stage via the Smile Button's drawing tool
- The boot screen is more closer to Online, as it now uses the Bloodstreams Corporation Razer branding introduced in December 9, 2019 but no longer plays any sort of sound (the old one will be used if the "LOGO" GRP file is gone)
- Two new stages added upon the game core, The Pit IV (highlight Pit I and tap the screen) and Downfall Bunker
- New DLC content
- Boxing Ring (All Regions, but is called "The Arena" in Europe)
- Key-A-Shot (All Regions)
- Forest (All Regions)
- The Subway (All Regions)
- Blue Area (All Regions, hidden inside the previous Red Area DLC)
- Custom characters can now be transferred from another system, or from Bloodstreams Battles for Nintendo 3DS with a new transfer tool only meant to be used on the Smile Button.
- Bug fixes
- Hidden BLOODSTREAMS BATTLES (1999) game can be exited out and be jumped back to the main game by pressing R
- Custom characters can now be equipped with sprites to differentiate them from each other
- Secret fighter Bizarre is now playable
- Cyborg has been redesigned, with his old sprite now being used as his alternate.
- New DLC content
- Klaus (US/EU)
- Vanish Ninja (JP)
- Sangoh (All Regions)
- The Wizard (All Regions)
- Ultimate Dragon (All Regions)
- Mayu (All Regions)
- Shower Room (US/JP)
- Red Area (EU)
- Samurai Palace (All Regions)
- Corrupted Bridge (All Regions)
- The Hallway (All Regions)
- The Grid (All Regions)
- Improved Training Mode
- Multiplayer no longer displays a brown-orange screen, instead jumps to the Fighter Select screen immediately
- Make a Fighter and Make a Stage have a couple changes:
- The lower screen in Make a Fighter and Make a Stage is now blue (was red in V1.0 and V1.1)
- Make a Fighter and Make a Stage now display your new fighters/stage immediately
- Make a Fighter and Make a Stage now plays an entirely different, more-of-an upbeat song, as I thought the older one is too depressing for me.)
- DLCs and custom fighters now show up in the Attract Mode (biography and fight demos)
- Nerfs for:
- Cyborg Ninja (loses his teleport and is unable to uppercut with his sword)
- Nojus (unable to defend or uppercut with his sword)
- Kakutou (loses all of the basics, with his punch being his only attack)
- Disabled the ability to "hover jump", which was possible in 1.1 by Hi-Jumping and holding up on the Circle Pad/+ Pad. Trying to do so will freeze you in place for a coupIe seconds.
- In Chapter 10: Cyborg Ninja Found, Cyborg Helper now uses the Ninja Battle jump pattern, albeit flickery to give it the impression of it malfunctioning.
- Reimplemented lost concepts originally found in the early stages of 1.0's development back when Miiverse was still a thing (such as Dot Racer Guy attacking Alien Face with a special move, Ultimate Dragon, more title screen songs, a TRON: Legacy stage which was revealed as "The Grid", etc.)
- Bug fixes
- New DLC characters (Vandalizer, Anthon and Super Tac)
- Redesigned the dialogs that appear when starting the game for the first time
- Added training mode
- Fully functional settings menu
- Removed the match counter (to match in with Online)
- In the Version 3.6.0 update released in June 28, 2018, added "Photo Mode" so you can take screenshots of the fight.
- Official release of the game
KNOWN ISSUESGlitches present in Version 1.2:
- DLC Pack #3 on the DLC Shop is shown in uppercases (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.3)
- Fireballs will jerk down if used in midair. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.3)
- Dark Flag does not become unlocked after defeating him with all of the extra stages unlocked (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- DLC Pack #2 on the DLC Shop says "UNDER DEVELOPMENT" instead of "December 3, 2018" (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Player 2 emits endless star KO sounds after being grappled and sent out of the screen by Alien Face in the Dot Racer stage (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Unstable menus (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Wrongly-rotated sprite upon defeat (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Attract mode sprites appearing in Story Mode's introduction chapter. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- A Syntax Error that can occur if Player 2 uses his/her Desperation Move (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- No way to unlock The Vortex (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- P2 can't stop using his/her shield (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Flickering colors that can happen if Cyborg Ninja uses Freeze Ball at Dark Slicer or Corruption Dragon (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Flickering sprites for Corruption Dragon, Flag, Hakase, Cyborg Ninja, secret fighter Cyborg, and a DLC character, Reica. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Error screens appearing at frequent times (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Flag becomes huge after Chapter 3: Corrupted Ways in story mode (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Placeholder chapter occurs after clearing Chapter 6: Return to The Pit in story mode (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Game freeze during Chapter 9: Mad Face's Army, making the cutscene endless (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- Past Stages: The Pit I does not unlock itself after completing Chapter 6: Return to the Pit (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- A Syntax Error that can occur if Player 2 Is dragged offscreen by Alien Face in the Dot Racer arena (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- If you wait on the title screen, another logo appears (attract mode), which is normal, but if you cancel attract mode while the logo is visible, the logo will glitch. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- If you cancel attract mode while the story is visible, the background won't change. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- If you cancel attract mode in the beginning of a fight in attract mode, it will just restart the fight before a few seconds later, it skips the fight. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- If you cancel attract mode while the top fighters or the best warrior is shown, some of the text will stick around (like with the logo) (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- In a battle in attract mode, sometimes you can control one of the fighters. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- You can unlock fighters in attract mode (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- During a fight demonstration in attract mode, you can pause the game. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- When Flag, Corruption Dragon, Hakase or Cyborg Ninja uppercuts or ducks, they will morph into Kakutou. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- After canceling out of Attract Mode and entering a fight, when you press any button you may get sent back to the title screen. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- If P2 controls Nojus, he cannot die if he is frozen by Cyborg Ninja. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.1)
- "ENJOY THE FIREWORKS" is shown on boot when the system date is set to April 4 (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Infinite deaths in Arcade Mode (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Using P1-to-P2 switching, it is possible to control the foe in Arcade Mode or the NPCs (Training Enemy and Intruder) in Story Mode (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- If P1 or P2 was Cyborg Ninja previously, start another match and use Kakutou, Kakutou's sword becomes blue (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Certain attacks crashing the game if Zero Hour was ran on slots 3 or 4 (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Cyborg Ninja can "trap" opponents using Dragover at the corner of the screen (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- If you idle or mess around on the pause screen, sometimes Quick Resume will suddenly force activate, unpausing the game. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- Cyborg Ninja "drills" to the floor if you activate his Fly special and release the button (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- In Chapter 12: Sbaitso's Lab, no progression will be made if Sbaitso busts the intruder. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- In any mode, highlighting Corruption Dragon and then loading a custom character causes your character to become huge in size, replicating the huge Flag bug. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- If caught by Alien Face while frozen or using Sangoh's special, Alien Face will hesitate to drag the character away. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.3)
- Alien Face can kill even if the player is blocking. (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.3)
- If Imitator morphs into Kakutou and morphs back, his sword will be used by Imitator.
- If Imitator morphs into any of the ninjas or The Wizard, blocks and morphs back, the shield orb will get stuck on the screen.
- Imitator calls for the wrong sprite if he dies on the Dot Racer stage (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.3)
- (DLC) Vanish Ninja's immunity to projectiles such as Mjus' Charge or Cyborg Ninja's Freeze Ball (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)
- (DLC) White Ninja morphs into Kakutou when star KO'd from Dot Racer (PATCHED IN VERSION 1.2)