DescriptionA "port" of the original Baldi's Basics created by mystman12. Now with a tricky camera, and worse retro graphics!
Your friend has lost all of his notebooks, and you gotta find them! It may not seem tricky at first, but Baldi loves to challenge his students with tricky math problems. And if you get one wrong... Well, let's just say you do not want to anger him.
I tried to make something right before I had to go under for surgery, so this is what I came up with. Enjoy! I do plan on updating this in the future, adding items and characters to better reflect the source game, but I might not be working on it for a while because I have to recover. I hope you enjoy this little game!InstructionsRun BALDI, enjoy the low quality title graphics, then press A for control information. The rest is up to you!
D-Pad (HOLD): Move/Change Direction
L/R (HOLD): Strafe (Handy for the wonky camera)
Hate jumpscares or just want the game to be easier? Hold L when pressing A at the title screen or disclaimer screen. If you did it correctly, a beep will play. Welcome to easy mode.
You don’t have to get the notebooks right by Baldi at the start. The whole school is yours from the beginning, unlike in the original.
Baldi can only travel through the main halls and cafeteria unless he sees you, meaning you can use rooms as cover. Unlike the first game however, he knows approximately where you are at all times.
There are no extra characters or items (yet), so don't plan them being there.
Strafing is faster and less cumbersome than actually trying to turn. However, you won’t be able to see entrances to rooms behind you if you only use this method.
Just because you can use rooms as cover doesn’t mean you should. Baldi can and will camp you if you try to camp in one of the classrooms. Don’t stay too long unless you’re willing to make a run for it or think you’ll get lucky with Baldi’s dumb AI.
Pay attention to the distance meter and warning text. If you see “RUN!!” then Baldi is now locked on to you and actively pursuing you.
NotesPATCH NOTES:v0.0.4: 6/24/18
- Fixed an issue where invisible soda cans would unintentionally transform into paralyzed Baldis
- Allowed Baldi to move around the northeast corner, where it was previously impossible
- Added new rooms and expanded others
- Made player coordinates display before Baldi moves, so they don’t flicker
- Added music, including my own crappy recreation of the math theme.
- Made the jumpscare more likely to make you throw your 3DS
- Hid the distance meter because it’s makes the game less scary
- Made the jumpscare more like the one from the main game
- Added a hidden option to turn the distance meter back on and turn off the jumpscare for wimps like me
- Baldi’s slapping now gets louder/quieter depending on your distance from him
- Added a disclaimer so SmileBoom won’t take this down again hopefully
-Made a little bit of text look nicer
-Added a distance meter on the bottom screen to make it easier to keep an eye on Baldi
-Fixed a bug where Baldi would get interrupted by the sound of his own slapping
Original Game, Sprites, and Sounds: mystman12
Importing Resources: Trinitro21
Sound Library: 12me21