DescriptionLATEST VERSION: v1.08
A kind of bad app that will mess up a program’s data. Why? For fun! It’s not my fault if the programs it outputs are NSFW.Instructions1. Download this program.
2. Copy any programs and their resources into to corruption folder, or vice versa. Larger programs and files are harder to corrupt, but usually get better results than smaller files.
3. Run the Corrupter.
4. Read the warning. Know that you are not guarunteed to generate a stable/working program everytime.
5. Type in the name of your file. Don't type in "PRG" or "DAT." That is covered for you. NOTE THAT DAT FILES WITH TWO DIMENSIONS DO NOT WORK YET.
6. Type in the corruption factor - the probability that a value encountered while parsing will be corrupted, represented as a percent.
7a. [DAT ONLY] Choose the range of values to inject. For example, if you typed in 255, the corrupter would put in different values from 0-255. Different ranges work for different files.
7b. [PRG ONLY] Choose your corruption stability. 1 is for people who want no errors, but corruptions are often boring. Way to many stability checks lol. 2 is average in stability. You will get some crashes, and some things that won't be corrupted, but you can get away with some good corruptions without too many errors. I reccomend mode 2. 3 is for people who like errors; there are no stability checks. Good luck getting anything to run here. If you do somehow get lucky, which you won't, you will get some really good corruptions. Type in the number, or just press enter Lumage to go for the one you were going to choose anyway, mode 2.
8. Watch the program corrupt stuff. Larger files take more time. Some areas have more values than others. It usually never takes any longer than ten seconds.
9. Choose whether to overwrite the original file or not. If you choose no, type in the filename that you desire, without the PRG or DAT prefix. If you choose yes, you CAN'T GET YOUR ORIGINAL FILE BACK.
10. [PRG ONLY] Your program will automatically run. It may crash, and then you will get mad and throw your cat across the room. Please do not do that. This is why I reccomend EDIT mode. (You should fiddle-faddle with the corruption percentage and also hope RNGesus does things in your favor.)
11. If you get a good corruption that you like, you're free to rename OUTPUT into anything else so it doesn't get overwritten and you can share it with your friends.
12. Hide in shameNotesCHANGLOG:
v1.0: Initial Release
v1.01: Tiny Hotfix
-Modes 1 and 2 no longer break DEF statements.
-Labels are no longer corrupted.
-Sprite management numbers are no longer corrupted.
-Option strict is option ded. Programs won't freak out over undefined variables.
-Option strict detection more accurate and doesn't delete other lines of code.
v1.06: Minor Content Update
-Fixed option strict deleting other lines of code for real this time lol.
-Removed unused code.
-Added DAT file corruption. More stable than PRG corruption and have lots of data to corrupt.
-Added the option to overwrite the file that you corrupted.
-Added ability to specifiy the filename of the output.
-Got rid of more unused code.
-Further improvements to overall stability and other minor adjustments to enhance the user experience.
-Minor text fixes
-Option strict is completely deleted instead of being commented out
-Make a REAL TIME corrupter
-Data chunk corruption method
-Proper MML corruption
-Further improvements to overall stability and other minor adjustments to enhance the user experience
-Jump off a bridge